Menu not showing in Safari

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Menu not showing in Safari

Postby PaulAlford » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 am

I built a website for a customer a year ago and used a different menu software and he called recently to say he couldnt see the menu in his Safari browser. The menu maker I had was a few years old so I decided to download this new one (Blumentals) and have the trial version 3.2 I created a new test page with the new menu from Bluemental and he still says he cant see the menu in Safari. I dont have a Mac and dont know others with a Mac so I cant ask them to test it.

Does anyone know why he cant see it in Safari? Is there some code in HTML that the Macs dont like or something ? I would love some thoughts so I can either fix this or know if I want to purchase this new Bluemental menu maker. If it wont work in Safari, then no need for me to buy it really.

The url is www.macmillanwireless.com (original)
www.macmillanwireless.com\index2.html (test with Bluemental menu)

Thanks

Paul
PaulAlford

Re: Menu not showing in Safari

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 am

Find out his Safari version (he might be using something really old, who knows). I don't have Mac but Safari has a Windows version that you might try. I can try it for you later when I'm at the right PC.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby MikeyB » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Paul,

I have Safari 5.1 installed on my Windows PC, Apple dropped Safari for Windows last year some time so you won't find the Windows version for download on their website.

On the original page there is no menu.
On the index2.html page the menu is there and the "About us" and "Services" menus drop down, but none of the links work, is it just a quick test you've put together?
I've done a quick screenshot here http://snag.gy/FD3ob.jpg

Have to say the on both pages the "Latest News" and "FAQs" links at the bottom do not work.

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby PaulAlford » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks Mike. Yes, I know the actual links on the 2nd test page menu are not working....its a trial version of the menu maker so I just wanted to see if my customer could SEE the menu and the drop downs. So that makes 2 or 3 people with Mac Safari who CAN see the index2.html test menu so it must be my guy's configuration or a box not checked in his browser alone or something simple.

Thanks guys.
PaulAlford

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support