Dreamweaver design view last button appears below others

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Dreamweaver design view last button appears below others

Postby mstubb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm

I've contacted support several times over the same issue and become frustrated to the point where I give up. I cannot be the only designer using dreamweaver cs and experiencing these problems. Iam using a dreamweaver template file and ensured the <link rel="stylesheet" href="../menufiles/mbcsmbqess.css" type="text/css" /> is in the header etc.

The problem Iam having is when I create a four button navigation when I paste into the template file in dreamweaver when viewed in design view all the buttons looks correct

When I add extra buttons and paste the code the last button always drops below the other buttons???

Whilst agreed when viewed in a broswer the buttons look ok. Why does adding the extra buttons cause a problem?

I cannot beleive its something Iam doing wrong?

Thanks Mark
mstubb

Re: Dreamweaver design view last button appears below others

Postby mstubb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Looking into the code which provides the width if I manually change it by say adding 10 pixles I can make the last button move back in line

<ul id="mbqessebul_table" class="mbqessebul_menulist css_menu" style="width: 386px; height: 40px;">

This surly be a software issue when it creates the code??
mstubb

Postby Aivars » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 pm

If the browser displays the menu correctly then the generated width is correct. You can add a few more pixels manually, surely, but the menu will seem too wide in your design (items won't fill it up completely). I'm not sure if what you describe is a Dreamweaver problem or your html code lacks doctype, if it's the latter then it can be easily fixed by adding the correct doctype.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby mstubb » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Avivars
Iam using html doctype

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html lang="en">
<head>

My issue is I have to manually adjust the code produced by the software when I add more then four buttons, surly I should not have to tweak the code to fix it?
As per my quote below Ive found buy adding a couple of pixels to the width ity sorts it out.

It would be nice to not have to keep doing this?
Iam not convinced its a dreamweaver issue but will remain open minded. I did send two example files to customer services. identicle in every way except when I added an extra button the code producing the width appears to be wrongly caluculated.
If it were a doctype issue adding the couple of extra pixels would not make any difference.

Can I send you the files?

Thanks Mark :D
mstubb

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't have Dreamweaver but if the last button is not displayed correctly in Web browsers, too, not just Dreamweaver, then by all means, please send me the files and I'll try to figure out what causes it. If that happens ONLY in Dreamweaver then it's Dreamweaver's issue.

You can either upload and send me a link, or send me the files zipped via http://www.easymenumaker.com/support-contact.php
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support