Does EAsy Button / Menu Maker work with Templates?

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Does EAsy Button / Menu Maker work with Templates?

Postby BOB THERIAULT » Thu May 16, 2013 9:04 pm

I love the interface and selection range in the program. I have the pro version and am pleased. I have an urgent problem:
I am making a new site (40 pages) for a new client and I can get the button / menu chosen to work in the Dreamweaver cs5 template. but html files make from the template give me the vertical listing of just the headings and subhead.

Does Easy Button / Menu pro work with Adobe DW CS5 Templates?
I did add the code to make DW see the styles per info on this blog.
It helped the template see the menu, but that does not seem to follow the along to the html, even though the code is there.
It does also not show up if you look at the html from the template in a browser.

Should I be placing the menu code from a file on the web directory?
I sent a screen shot to the support email but have not heard back.

Any help would be appreciated. I would love to have a chunk of software this capable that I can use across my projects. I am a graphic designer and go to code only when I am forced to. I have been doing this (computer graphics) since 1980 and really believe that the role of a programmer is to make the code invisible and allow hand-eye skills to quickly get things done. I have learned and used basic, pascal, java, etc and regret the huge time investments.

This software could be really important for a lot of us, as Adobe has killed support for Spry, along with a huge amount of software I spent good $ on. Kind of like buying a BMW and coming back in two years and finding that 'we no longer support your year and model'. Sorry, I am pissed at the whole 'standards' world. I just need to get my jobs done so I can get paid.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Bob (located in a little fishing village in the US called Seattle).
BOB THERIAULT

Re: Does EAsy Button / Menu Maker work with Templates?

Postby Aivars » Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am

For the menus to look and function properly, additional css, script and image files are generated that need to go along the page. I don't have Dreamweaver and I don't know how these templates work, but you need to make sure that when you use the template with menu to create a new page, the appropriate additional files are copied along with it or can be accessed from the new page.

> I did add the code to make DW see the styles per info on this blog.
> It helped the template see the menu, but that does not seem to follow the along to the html, even though the code is there.

It sounds like you should contact Dreamweaver support with this. I don't know how to help you as Dreamweaver is not free and I can't just install and start using it, but in either case the problem is about how to use Dreamweaver templates, not about Easy Button & Menu Maker, which I could be more helpful with.

> I sent a screen shot to the support email but have not heard back.

According to the support system, you were answered the same day. It can take up to 2 business days to reply so don't panic if the message doesn't arrive instantly :)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Does EAsy Button / Menu Maker work with Templates?

Postby BOB THERIAULT » Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for the feed back. I was contacted quickly by your tech folks and appreciate that. I am trying to work this through and assume it is an issue with where thing are being looked for. Asking Abobe for technical support is fruitless. One suggestion for making it easier for folks to see where the parts must be put would be a diagram as words are not the native language of many of us.

As I know understand it, if the CSS file from generated from EasyMenu is visable to the html files in the site all should work.

That css file can be located by saving the EasyMenu CSS file from EasyMenu to it's own program specified folder under the root folder of the website (where the html files live and operate).

The Dreamweaver template should have the code block for the menu in the div that locates the menu in the document (nav div).

The code in the template nav div will be propagated to the html file derived from the Dreamweaver template and will carry the information that will reference the folder that Easy Menu put under the root folder.

I will try this and if all works out let you know.

Thanks, Bob
BOB THERIAULT

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support