Menu under other objects (overlapping)

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Menu under other objects (overlapping)

Postby PaulAlford » Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I cant seem to get the menu with a submenu to show on top of everything else. I am using a Java Script to run a Banner rotator of JPGs and have the menu sitting above that but when I mouse over the menu, the sub-menu goes behind the banner of JPGs. I have played with the Z-Index numbers and "bring menu to the front" and still cant get the menu to show in front of the banner.

Here is link.. mouse over "Results" in menu http://www.runforyourmother.com/results2014.html

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Paul
PaulAlford

Re: Menu under other objects (overlapping)

Postby MikeyB » Wed May 28, 2014 9:43 am

Hi Paul,

I've taken a look and it's working fine for me in Chrome, Firefox & IE11.
Have you managed to fix it or is it still not working for you?

It's usually Flash or Java applets (not the same as JavaScript) that cause this problem, it's because of the way they are displayed in the browser.

If it's still not working for you what operating system & browser are you using.

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Menu under other objects (overlapping)

Postby PaulAlford » Wed May 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks Mike I did get it working.
This wasn't a "flash" issue this time.

I was able to go into the CSS tab - AP Elements and slide the menu item up to the top so its in front. This is in Dreamweaver and I thought thats what "bring to front" was supposed to do. Guess it didnt.

When I manually moved that menu Div tag up to the top, in the AP Elements tab in DWeaver... the menu wasnt behind the banner anymore so that fixed it, I guess moving it to the front.

Thanks
Paul
PaulAlford

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support