Color Control

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy Button & Menu Maker

Color Control

Postby rh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm

I'd like to see more precise control of color, saturation, hue and brightness. Instead of just showing the effects of sliding the bars on buttons or menu objects, why not display the RGB values as well as values for the other variables? There's plenty of room in the popup window and that information might be very useful in reproducing objects from existing web pages. It would be helpful if one could over-type the displayed values to change them and have the slidebar and image react to those values entered.
- rh
rh

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Thank you for the suggestion!
Adding numeric values additionally to sliders for HSL adjusting is a commonly requested feature so it will definitely be included in the next update.
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re:

Postby Mot » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Aivars wrote:Thank you for the suggestion!
Adding numeric values additionally to sliders for HSL adjusting is a commonly requested feature so it will definitely be included in the next update.

I'm not sure what you mean. In v1.3 the "More colors..." button gives you Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green Blue. These can give very precise color control, although it does seem a little clumsy. That clumsiness is not Blumentals fault though; it's a standard Windows color chooser.

But what I don't see implemented is the "Add to Custom Colors" functionality. It does add a color to the custom palate when you click it, but those colors aren't persistent from one color dialog to the next - say from "Menu Box Background" to "Menu Item Border," or even from one opening to the next when setting the color for the same item. I don't think I've ever seen a program implement something along those lines. It might just be the most chronically overlooked feature of the Windows color chooser among the programming community, or else Microsoft just never made it work the way I think it ought to. Seems to me like you'd have to save the custom colors to the registry.

It would help a lot, though. To be consistent in a menu I've been experimenting with, I've had to just jot down the numbers and manually ensure they were the same wherever I needed them identical.
Mot

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Feature Requests