Button/Submenu duplication, Button spacing WeBu Integration

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy Button & Menu Maker

Button/Submenu duplication, Button spacing WeBu Integration

Postby Dr Paul A Daniels » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:20 am

I bought the Pro version of the EB&MM immediately without trying the trial version purely on the basis of low-cost and the quality of WeBuilder which I use regularly. I know it's an early version but it already shows great promise and it's great to have an opportunity to give feedback like this.

I'd like to see the ability to select a button or submenu and duplicate it (optionally including duplication of all child submenus items). This would make it easier to extend the buttons provided in the templates as, with so many button styles available, it's hard to see which should be selected to match those in the loaded template.

There's the ability to adjust the spacing between all buttons but it would be nice to be able to specify the spacing between individual buttons. I concur with another poster that tables shouldn't be used.

It would be nice to see integration with WeBuilder so that, for example, the generated HTML could then be opened directly there.

Will there be more icons/templates/arrows available with future updates/upgrades?

Also, see the post I'm about to make in the bugs section for EB&MM.
Dr Paul A Daniels
Director, Qsoft Limited
Dr Paul A Daniels

Button duplication

Postby paul.mac » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:08 pm

I too am dissappointed with the lack of button duplication as once you have all the mouseover, mousedown and colour settings as desired it would be nice not to have to redo them for each button. Until they release an update there is a work round which works.

Create a single button and save it as a project. Open the project file with a text editor. Scroll down through the text and you will see that it is an xml file which is structured in a similar manner to html files (if you are used to them) with each section opening with a <tag> and closing with a </closing>. All the buttons are stored between 2 tags <Buttons> and </Buttons>. Each button is stored between <XMLButton> and </XMLButton>. Copy the button code and paste it before the closing </Buttons> tag. Repeat as necessary, save the file and you will have as many copies of the button as you pasted. Reload the project into EBMM and edit the text on each button. Don't play around with any other bits in the file as I don't know what they all do but with a bit of investigation it shoudln't be too difficult to identify most of them.

Word of warning - MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU START" and don't blaim me if it goes wrong.

No doubt Blumentals don't intend for you to trawl through the files like this but it can save quiet some time.

Regards

Paul
paul.mac

Duplicating Button Color

Postby kballar3 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:25 am

I might have misunderstood you, but there is a way to make sure all the colors are duplicated for all buttons at the same time. Just "Select All" and go to the button properties. After you get the normal, mouse over, and pushed down colors set, it should be set for all the buttons selected.

If you add a button later, just do a select all again. Open the button property again, hit the color button and then the OK button. You shouldn't have to do anything but immediately hit the OK button, no color changes. Your new button should now have the same color properties.
Thanks,
Chris
kballar3

Button colours

Postby paul.mac » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi,

I must admit I hadn't noticed the 'select all' button - that apart my technique works for duplicating buttons, unless there is another set of menu items I haven't noticed.

Also if you like to have a very narrow element in a horizontal menu with just a vertical line and no mouseover etc effects tehn the select all is kind-off stymied.

Paul
paul.mac

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Feature Requests