Icon selection dialog

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy Button & Menu Maker

Icon selection dialog

Postby pmeier » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 am

Hi,

I find your software great but there is one thing that annoys me when I use it. It's the selection dialog for icons. The issues I have with it are:

1. You always need to navigate from the clipart library to select a file. It doesn't remember the last folder you were in. I know that it puts the folder in the list on the left but sometimes I need another folder close by. It also only remembers custom folders in the list for that session.
2. If there are lots of images in a folder it takes a long time to display as it needs to draw the image. I'd be happy to have a file details view option that would just show file names. Most icon libraries that you buy have hundreds of icons in a folder.

Please let me know if there are any existing techniques that I can use to overcome these issues. If not, I hope these issues are worth considering in a future release.

Regards,
Peter.
pmeier

Re: Icon selection dialog

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 am

If one is selecting icons from various folders which contain lots of icons then indeed the dialog would need some improvements. For now you can use "Open from file" and create shortcuts to your icon folders in Program Files\Easy Button Menu Maker\clipart\icons.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Icon selection dialog

Postby pmeier » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:12 am

Thanks for the tip on the folder shortcut. I'll use that in the meantime.
Hopefully you can take my issues on board in a future release.

Regards,
Peter.
pmeier

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Feature Requests