General discussion about plugins.

Browse, download and discuss plugins for Blumentals code editors

General discussion about plugins.

Postby Aivars » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Feel free to talk here about:
  • Plugin development and howto
  • Plugin usage and experiences
  • Requests and wishes

Do not create new threads unless they contain downloadable plugin that you have developed. All discussions about a specific plugin should go in its thread. All other more general discussions should go here.

Note that plugin development help and examples can be found here: http://help.blumentals.net/webuilder/pl ... ucture.htm
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: General discussion about plugins.

Postby EvilBMP » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 pm

1. Is there any way to reload updated plugin code without restarting the whole editor? It's really annoying to test, if you have to restart all the time :roll:

2. Where can I find a good JScript API documentation, that is compatible to the JScript for plugins? I wanted to make use of a switch/case statement or the ternary operator, but I always got compiling errors and I don't know why :(

3. You should prescribe plugin namespaces, to prevent duplicates - in the TYPO3 universe its a common practise to use name or company credentials + plugin name, e.g. ab_custom_plugin

Regards, EvilBMP
EvilBMP

Postby Aivars » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:25 pm

1. You can disable and re-enable plugin to reload it. Note that disabling plugin does not remove its menu actions, just disables them, but that should not be a problem.

2. I can't say I have any but I'm attaching a bunch of samples that cover all control structures and common-case scenarios. Here's a sample for switch..case
Code: Select all
  switch (i)
  {
    case 1: j = 1;
    case 2..10: { j = 2; j++; }
    default: { j = 10; }
  }

3. You might be right... It would be a good idea for author to include their name or credentials in plugin's name. Name of zip file is not important, it's the name defined in plugin.ini that counts.
Attachments
JScript.zip
(4.29 KiB) Downloaded 3799 times
Aivars

Postby chechnyan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

is it possible to have more interface style or interface themes in the future .
something darker that match the Solarized or monokai editor color scheme.
thanks .
chechnyan

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm

It's being planned, yes. Also the best of our users are creating awesome color schemes now and then, which eventually make their way to the official release.
Aivars

Postby chechnyan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:59 pm

her is an almost identical "iplastic" theme .
i wish other like it .
Attachments
beta iplastic4.zip
iplastic color scheme.
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 3597 times
chechnyan

Postby chechnyan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

her is another one that i think it goes nice with modern and light style
Attachments
blue.zip
Blue theme.
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 3645 times
chechnyan

Postby akuchkovsky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:07 am

Hello!! Can you integrate this plugin http://emmet.io ? It would be super!! I can not to guess how to do it :D
akuchkovsky

Postby Aivars » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:18 pm

We are planning to integrate emmet but we have to finish some other things first.
Aivars

Postby akuchkovsky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:46 pm

It's great!!! We will wait, thank you!
akuchkovsky

Postby ichthys » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 am

Hello,

I would like to build my own plugin. I like the code beautifier (I think it's the english name for the php code formatting tool) but I would like to make it available via short cut or even better to automate it.
How can I run the php formatter in a plugin?

Best regards
ichthys

Postby Aivars » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:53 pm

The built in beautifier is not available as external executable that you could call from a plugin. You can however assign a shortcut key to Format PHP Code command via Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
Aivars

Postby en-cOder » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:23 am

Originally I inadvertently posted this to the wrong area, so I am re-posting it here.

I am a new member to this forum and would like to know if there is a more in depth form of documentation available for the plugin classes.

I am currently developing a plugin which includes several forms for user input, but there are some commands that I want to use such as reading and writing to the plugin properties.ini file, displaying an image on the main form using TImage and TPicture, and I keep getting runtime errors presumably because the syntax I am using is incorrect. Also, passing the text contained in a TMemo field to a function for processing seems to be impossible because a TMemo field contains more than one line of text, so it doesn't have a (.Text) property that you can use to reference all of the text in the control.

I am well conversed in javascript, visual basic and html programming and have followed the links to the Embarcadero website for information on the built in classes used in WeBuilder. Although I have gleaned some useful info to get me started with creating plugins, I can't find all the info that I need to complete my plugin project.The information available at the Embarcadero web site is too none-specific to WeBuilder.

Any help from the developers or forum users would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
en-cOder

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:23 am

The other area was fine, too :) I replied you there.
Aivars

Postby rich770 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:43 pm

I'm working on a "Toggle Comment" script, but having trouble with key binding. I want to bind "Ctrl + /"
I first tried to assign a shortcut key, but it doesn't seem to respond to that. (a bug)
Next I tried to make a signal to "keydown", but I'm not sure how to do a combination key, with Ctrl.
Any suggestions?

Edit: I also tried in the Script.RegisterAction part, and it still rejects "Ctrl + /".
I have my script running fine for now using another hotkey, until I figure out how to get "Ctrl + /" to work.
Last edited by rich770 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rich770

Next

Return to Plugins for HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder