Plugin: Project Manager

Browse, download and discuss plugins for Blumentals code editors

Plugin: Project Manager

Postby dave » Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi,

I am pleased to announce version 1.0 of my Project Manager Plugin. This follows a previous and similarly named plugin called Project Management. I have chosen a different name so as not to confuse the two, and ensure that are no conflicts between the two different plugins.

The main difference between the two versions is that there is now GUI (pop up form) to control your projects, which in turn gives finer control over which files are included and which are not.

As before, it was created for my own use, but I am happy to share it. The reason it was written is because I find myself working on different projects throughout the day, and wanted to re-open the set of files that I had been working on for any particular project. (Yes, I know that you can already save a file list from the 'File' menu, but to me having to save the file somewhere was not as slick as I would have liked.)

Features:
a) Seamlessly (and now automatically/prompted/manually) save a list of open files for the currently selected project. (it will ignore open files from other projects)
b) Seamlessly (and now automatically/prompted/manually) open a previously saved list of files for the currently selected project.
c) Close all files other than those from the currently selected project. (you will be prompted for unsaved files)
d) (c) followed by (b) (in one action)
e) View, and add/delete to the list of previously saved list of files for the currently selected project.
e) View, and add/delete to the list of previously saved list of files for other previously saved projects.

Requirements:
None, just install the plugin and use, which can be used directly from the Plugin menu, or alternatively create a new toolbar, and populate it with your chosen options. Here is an example of how you may create your toolbar. I've even supplied the icon for you.

Notes:
The plugin does not affect any of your projects or files contained within, or conflict with existing functionality.

Please report any bugs.

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
project-manager.zip
Project Manager
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
dave

Re: Plugin: Project Manager

Postby Aivars » Sun May 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Did you disable BBCode on purpose for this post? Want me to re-enable it?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby dave » Sun May 29, 2016 5:21 pm

I didn't intentionally disable anything, if you could please.
dave

Postby midipixel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Hey folks,

This plugin worked like a charm on Rapid PHP 2018, but it doesn't work for me on HTML Pad 2020. Anybody experienced the same problem?
midipixel

Postby erikno » Fri May 01, 2020 11:34 am

Hi Dave!
Congratulations, that's a great tool.
Cleanly and clearly designed, so I was able to adapt it for myself.

I have an own project ( outside of DocumentRoot ) for include-files that I use for several applications.
Since I want to open these files automatically, I changed the line 293
from
Code: Select all
"if (Lowercase(copy(filename, 1, Length(Script.ProjectSettings.SelectedProjectRoot))) == Lowercase(Script.ProjectSettings.SelectedProjectRoot))

to
Code: Select all
if ( 1 == 1 )

This means I can now add other/external files - that are open in the editor - to my project and thus open them with my project.

If this is also interesting for others, you could possibly add a checkbox
- add files open in WeBuilder (no matter what file that is) or
- add files open in WeBuilder (only for the current project).

Finally, thank you for the tool, and please answer if I missed something and this small change triggers an error somewhere.
erikno

Return to Plugins for HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder