WeBuilder 2014: Built-in, instant CSS prefixizer

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder 2014: Built-in, instant CSS prefixizer

Postby Distendo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

I can't find any info on the 'Built-in, instant CSS prefixizer' mentioned in the Webuilder 'What's New' page at http://www.webuilderapp.com/whatsnew.php

Anyone know anything I don't? :?

WeBuilder 2012.0.0.147
Distendo

Re: WeBuilder 2014: Built-in, instant CSS prefixizer

Postby Aivars » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 pm

Basically, if you use something that requires vendor prefixes to work (new CSS features) such as:

background: linear-gradient(to right, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet);

then prefixizer will add the required vendor prefixes such as -webkit-linera-gradient and -moz-linear-gradient etc to make sure this feature works in all browsers.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Distendo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Ok, thank you.
So if in my external css file I write something like:

.sideBox {box-shadow: 4px 4px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);}

and on the menu bar click CSS>Prefixize css
it should turn that into something like:

.sideBox {box-shadow: 4px 4px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.3); -webkit-box-shadow: 4px 4px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);}
?

I haven't got that to work yet. I'm supposing I'm not doing something I need to do to get this to work.
Distendo

Postby Aivars » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Not really, because box-shadow is supported by all browsers, even the pretty old ones so adding webkit-box-shadow would just pollute your css file. We tried to carefully pick only those that are really required, but you can also customize it by modifying <Webuilder Folder>\data\prefixizer.ini
Aivars

Postby Distendo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Interesting! I'll look into that anti-pollution advice.
Thank you.
Distendo

Postby MaxA » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:27 am

Aivars wrote:Not really, because box-shadow is supported by all browsers, even the pretty old ones so adding webkit-box-shadow would just pollute your css file. We tried to carefully pick only those that are really required, but you can also customize it by modifying <Webuilder Folder>\data\prefixizer.ini

Interesting point, Aivars.

Just for test trid to customize proposed .ini
I close the Webuilder, opened <Webuilder Folder>\data\prefixizer.ini file, add border-raduis and box-shadow to prefixize.
Opened the Webuilder and saved file.
There was the background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #5CC3FF, #0060BF); property also.
The background-image was prefixized, my added - no.
Undo changes.
Closed Webuilder.

Delete all content of the .ini
Start the program and apply the action to file.
Not working.
So .ini file is working, but I cannot customize it, can just delete something ....
MaxA

Postby Aivars » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:17 am

You need to both remove border-radius and box-shadow related entries from [standartize-properties] section of prefixizer.ini and add new entries to [prefixize-properties] section. See the attached screenshot and have fun!
Attachments
prefixizerinichanges.png
prefixizerinichanges.png (40.61 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:22 am

But seriously, the only one that needs -webkit-box-shadow is really old Android 2.3 built-in browser which is terrible beyond comprehension and I'm not sure it's even possible to find a browser in the wild which would support prefixed versions of border-radius :)
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support