WeBuilder 2015 Beta Bug Reports

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder 2015 Beta Bug Reports

Postby Alextocode » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi there, I'll start right now posting my bug reports.

As I'm at work now and mustn't install software I just started to install the new beta as Portable version on my flash drive.....as I did with WeBuilder 2014 I'm using at work sometimes. With no problems. even under Windows XP.

But doing the same with the new Beta version causes display problems right on first startup....don't know if it's because of the portable version..... I provide some screenshots:

This is default HTML-Template. As you can see some characters are cut off and there are whitespaces that shouldn't be there :O

The content of the editor window should be:

Code: Select all
<?php

$test = new mysqli('localhost', 'root', '', 'database');
$result = $test->query("SELECT* FROM  test;");

?>

There are some issues as well, e.g. the second "p" of php, the "w" of new, the "y" of query...... :( Btw. thanks for fixing the issue I reported with mysqli auto complete :)

EDIT:
I closed the application now and restarted it. It seems to work better now, but strangely the editor has a different font now without me changing something in the editor settings :O

Of course I will install the full version at home on my computer using Windows 8, maybe this will cause less trouble.

See ya ;)
Alextocode

Re: WeBuilder 2015 Beta Bug Reports

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Apparently your XP does not have Consolas font (which is rare unless it's a pretty fresh installation but possible). It should have fallen back to Courier New but apparently something didn't click and it fell back only after the restart. I'll add this to the bugs list and we'll see if we can reproduce it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Alextocode » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Sorrry, I'm doing a two tweek traineeship where I got real old PCs using Windows XP.....At home it's better as well as at my usual working office having Windows 7.
But I've found another bug yet....
Again it's concerning MySQLI intellisense ;)

Mysqli_result class is not intellisensed :O

See here:
1. Mysqli class: Working Now fine. Thanks! :)

2. Mysqli_statement class: Added. Thanks :)

3. Mysqli_result class: Not working :(

It doesn't even work, although I got that mysql connection I open really online and available. This should be fixed..

Btw, I also have a little feature request - but it's not important it's just a goodie. Hope I can suggest it soon :)
Alextocode

Postby Aivars » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 pm

It's not a bug, it's by PHP documentation - see http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.query.php. mysqli::query does not always return mysqli_result object, it can return boolean, too, thus documentation states it returns "mixed" and that's what we have in Auto Complete configuration.

If that bothers you a lot, you can edit data\phpobj.ini file manually and change mixed to mysqli_result for query method for yourself.
Aivars

Postby Alextocode » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:02 am

Ah, so there is no possibility to get an intellisense for mysqli_result out of the box if I understand you? okay. Yes it bothers a little bit. Apparently a boolean can't have members, so there can't be any autocomplete for that. But thanks for your advice I suppose I will change that in my configuration. Of course you're right, that only querying statements will return a result. I don't expect to get a result for doing an INSERT or UPDATE :D
But I guess because of the conception of those configuration files it can't be made better :)
Alextocode

Postby Aivars » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 pm

The problem in this case is that AC data is obtained from PHP documentation (by this plugin btw https://github.com/aivarsi/framework-scraper-webuilder) and without reading the text and human-like understanding of the text the scraper doesn't know about the probable mysqli_result class. If I add the mysqli_result manually, it will be overwritten next time the documentation is rescanned :(
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support