WeBuilder is basically unusable with Code Editor

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder is basically unusable with Code Editor

Postby user753 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm

I have no clue what's going on but WebBuilder has basically become unusable for me.

Anytime I click on a tag in code editor it spins for 5-15 seconds before I can do any editing.

And, anytime I do a copy and paste it just freezes.

Was thinking about upgrading to the new version next year but if this crap keeps up I'm jsut gonna scrap the software all together and go back to PHP Storm.

What can I do?
user753

Re: WeBuilder is basically unusable with Code Editor

Postby kfury77 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm

What type of file are you editing? Is it only happening with a particular file type? What version of WeBuilder are you using (2016)? What version of Windows are you using?
Please provide more details on your setup.
kfury77

Postby pmk65 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:53 pm

I experience delays when doing copy/paste too.
It usually happens if I copy something from OUTSIDE WeBuilder (Like in Excel). Then it "hangs" for a second or two before I can resume work.
And to avoid it, I had to turn off the Clipboard monitoring in WeBuilder. (on the Edit menu, click Extended Clipboard. Then turn of the monitoring)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby kirknich » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 am

I am having the same problem as mentioned here, for the last week or so... Although I cannot say it is limited to copy/paste..
It also happens when clicking tabs, changing between pages.
WeBuilder just freezes, the screen greys out, and I have to wait up to 20 seconds for it to recover.
This now keeps happening every few minutes. Over and over.
It is making the software unusable.

I even tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling WeBuilder, but still no difference.

My team and I have been using Webuilder for several years, and LOVE it.. until now :(

About my system
Core i7-4930K @3.40Ghz
16 Gb RAM
64 Bit Windows 10

Please help!

Kirk
kirknich

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am

Kirk,

let's try to narrow down the problem. Start by disabling the extended clipboard.

extendedclipboard.png
extendedclipboard.png (5.23 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

Then close all panels (File Explorer, Code Explorer etc).

Switch to a small or empty project.

Reboot the editor.

If the problem has disappeared, return the disabled features one by one and see if it returns.

One reason why the clipboard monitor is finicky is that some security software thinks that something is stealing password from the clipboard and so it scans/analyzes every time clipboard is accessed via the monitoring hook. Another thing that we recently saw is that Malwarebytes made every save really slow because it pays special attention to script files and apparently the scanning is not fast, and what do you know - most of what you write with WeBuilder is scripts. But switching between tabs? I've never heard of that one before.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support