HTMLPad Pro 2002 - Newbie

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTMLPad Pro 2002 - Newbie

Postby BJ Caudle » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:28 am

:cry: I am a newbie to HTML. My first attempt at creating a website for my Cattery, was in FP 2000 at www.home.bham.rr.com/tooliebouce. I studied everything I could find on creating HTML and finally got up enough nerve to try. Roadrunner will only support FP 2000 at this point and I downloaded my original website with FP extensions.

I am in the process of revising the old site to make it look more professional and I tried to use FP 2000 to type in my own code, but the program gets goofy and starts to rewrite my original code and will the codes where it wants them - very aggravating. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone back through and had to rearrange things back like I wanted them. :roll:

It was suggested that I get a program like CuteHTML or HTMLPad Pro if I wanted to write my own Code. I have had the HTMLPad Pro 2002 for a while, but this is the first time I have tried to used it.

I read all the help menus provided with the program, but am still having trouble figuring exactly how the program works regarding the linking of pages (navigation tree). FP will let you go to the navigation menu and arrange your pages after they are created to where you want them by dragging them to the correct spot.

Oh - before I forget, does this program include an FTP program or do I have to buy this separately. I understand that I will have to use an FTP program with this type of software.

Unlike FP 2000 - this program does not seem to be geared to the beginner.

Well, at any rate, I have completed the Index page in your progam and all went rather well - it looks just exactly like I wanted it to when viewed in Preview or in IE6.

I have created the additional pages that I needed under HTML Page option, (second down under File) i.e., Contact Us; Males; Females; Available; Nursery; etc. I inserted the hyperlinks on each button in the Index Page, so that the pages would link together when pushed. Well, they do not work - all I get is "This Page Cannot be Displayed". I have tried to get them to link numerous times and can not for the life of me figure out where I am making my mistake.

Or, Can you tell me where I am making my mistake and point me in the right direction? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Or, if at all possible can you tell me where I can go on the net to find a tutorial for beginners for HTMLPad Pro 2002.

Please don't laugh - you gotta start somewhere.

BJ
BJ Caudle

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support