Indent HTML Tags feature

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Indent HTML Tags feature

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:52 pm

Is there a way to configure HTML Tidy, or another part of HTMLPad to indent HTML WITHOUT the whitespace between <td> elements. It's very time-consuming to have to reformat this manually.

Bascially the "Indent HTML Tags" works exactly the way I want it to, except it generates a blank link between <td> tags. For example,

it gives me this:
<table>
<tr>
<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>
</tr>
</table>

I want this:
<table>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table>

Thanks,
Tim
Tim

HTML Indent Tags

Postby Tim » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:55 pm

the indentation doesn't show up in my post, but it works fine, I'm just talking about the space between <td>s

Also note that I see this between <li> in an unordered list, with <p> tags, and others. I just used <td> as an example
Tim

Postby Karlis » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:58 am

I'm afraid this can not be changed at this point, but it is certainly worth pointing out and adding to wanted feature list. Thank you.
Karlis
Site Admin

Indent HTML Tags feature

Postby Tim » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:38 am

Thanks for the info.

As a follow up:

I know this is HTML Tidy integration with HTMLPad. Is this somthing that HTMLPad can do, or is this more of an HTML Tidy issue?

In other words, should I be talking to the HTML Tidy guy(s) instead of Blumentals about this feature? :)
Tim

Postby Karlis » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:22 pm

Well, HTML Tidy is not developped by Blumentals Software. In fact it is free open source command line tool for processing HTML files.

HTMLPad provides convenient way to use HTML Tidy features, but it can not alter HTML Tidy features.

What I'm sure we can do is to create our own indenting fucntionality, however it may take a long while.

Yes it would certainly be good to talk to the developers of HTML Tidy, though I'm not sure if it would give any results.
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:20 pm

Thanks. I understand you cannot alter Tidy's functionality, nor would it be a good idea to do so even if you could. I've been using it for years, but always find it comes up just a little short on what I need it to do.

As you mentioned, a slightly more advanced indenting/code formatting option would be great. I know this isn't a trivial endeavor, so it would likely take awhile.

At any rate, I love your editor. I use it along with TopStyle, as it's almost completely replaced Homesite as my (X)HTML editor of choice.

-Tim

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support