Preview images from CSS

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Preview images from CSS

Postby 1Jerry » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:22 pm

1)I have a style sheet that adds an image to text, as in:
background-image: url("greenbutton.png");

When previewing with the actual HTML, I would like to know where I can place my image file(s) so that the preview will be correct.

Currently I have to change the url to point to a specific folder; test; make sure and remember to change it back before saving.

I have tryed putting the image in the data sub-directory; the directory that has my test HTML, the temp directory, the program directory, to no avail. :(

A working option is to know where HTMLPad looks as a default. A better solution would be to have an option for default directory for relative links.

2) My current web management tools will copy a CSS file to the hard drive then start HTMLPad automatically. The only problem is that it adds an additional "extension" to the file name, I.E. my.css.dtml. I have placed css.dtml as a document type for CSS, but it doesn't seem to work. This is a feature suggestion or a bug report, I don't know which. I think it should recognize the double extension and treat as specified. AND/OR allow users to manually change the perceived document type.

Thanks for the great program.
1Jerry

Postby Karlis » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:13 pm

1) You should save both your CSS and HTML files in order to preview style in your HTML correctly. If you use path like url("greenbutton.png"), you should save images in the same directory your HTML and CSS files are saved in.

HTMLPad does not look for your images it just opens HTML in the browser (which is actually built-in part of Internet Explorer and the internal browser looks for files.

2) You can add new document type extensions using Options -> Preferences -> Document Types -> CSS. However, it is better to re-name css files in the regular format *.css
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support