Different problems/ suggestions

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Different problems/ suggestions

Postby DMS » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:28 pm

I encountered some problems using HTMLPad 2004 (5.22)/ or some suggestions, as you like to see itā€¦ (using Windows XP Prof. SP 2)

1. Auto tag completion: the editor loses the focus after auto tag completion. Thatā€™s a little annoying and hampering productivity. Focus goes to a sidebar like inspector or library.
2. I think global search and replace would be better to use with a multiline textbox, not this single line textfield. Large changes could be done much easierā€¦
3. How can I convert special characters like the German Ƥ automatically in the html entity ä ? I tried a Tidy task, but nothing worked. Is that possible some way? Needs a lot of time to convert that with search/replace.

Thanks Dominik
DMS

Postby Karlis » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:21 pm

Thank you for your post.

1) You are correct, I'm going to fix this ASAP.
2) Multiline item search/replace is planned in the next major release of HTMLPad, most likely in the HTMLPad 2005. You'll have to hang on for a while.
3) You can convert a (umlauted) to entities using Search / Replace operation. Unfortunately currently there is no other option for doing so. I'll think on this problem as I'll have time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support