XML Encoding of XML files opened via FTP

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

XML Encoding of XML files opened via FTP

Postby EvilBMP » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi Karlis,

I think I've found a little bug in RapidPHP. For example TYPO3 CMS stores its language data in xml files and during programming new extensions and stuff you might have to change the language files ;)

And because the extensions are stored at the webserver, you open the language.xml files via build in ftp.
Now the problem! These xml files are stored in utf-8 encoding - but when I open them in RapidPHP via build ftp, than this fact isn't recognized by RapidPHP and when I finished editing the file and press Ctrl + S to save the file, then RapidPHP saves the file in ANSI!

It would be nice, if the file encoding is detected correctly or if this is to heavy to build in, then it would be nice to have the feature to choose the Encoding in the "Save to FTP..." box.

Thx and keep up the good work :)

Greets Evil
EvilBMP

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support