Mouse click wherever instead of the end of the line

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Postby purewaveform » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:53 am

I cannot find the option, if there is one, that makes it so that when you click on a line, past the last thing on that line, that it will go to the end of the line instead of wherever you click. It gets annonying because you go to add something after some element at the end of the line and end up adding 30 spaces!

Also I have never seen this outside of TextPad, but in HTMLPad is there a way to get the text to wrap to where the tab is. Example I have an element, td, indented three tabs, is there a way that to get the text in that element to wrap to the tabs, that way it is easy to see that that text belongs to that element.

thanks! Really enjoying the product.
purewaveform

Postby Karlis » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:06 pm

In the Preferences under the Text Editor, there is an option "Constrain cursor to text". This will solve your first problem.

I'm not sure I can understand what is the second one. Could you please explain it in other words?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:57 am

The first answer works perfectly. Let me rephrase the second by showinf what I mean

<pre>
<table>
<tr>
<td>
Here is a really long line. so long it should wrap but
when it does it starts at the beginning of the next line ignoring
the indentation. Is there a way to get the next line
to start here, so that it follows the indentation of where the
line started the word "Here"
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</pre>
I hope this illustration makes more sense. If it doesnt I will try again.

Postby hazy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:17 am

purewaveform -

I've seen the behavior you describe in nearly every product I've used (except MS Word). Have you seen this behave the way you want in any html editor?

Thanks!
- hazy
hazy

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:09 pm

I got it now. No unfortunately this is not possible and is not applicable to HTML code editor.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support