auto complete error?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

auto complete error?

Postby hazy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:25 am

I'm working with 5.0.3.41.

1. I am evaluating the product largely due to a short period of time for me to learn javascript, and I have encountered a behavior I cannot explain and would like to know if this is a bug, and if/when it will be fixed. Alternatively, if there's a way to change this behavior, I'd like to know what I'm missing.

When using auto complete, I type part of the html tag and press return. The complete tag keyword is added to my document. When I close the tag with the '>' symbol, the closing tag is added. On some tags, however, after adding them in the fashion above, second and subsequent additions fail to add the closing tag. For example, typing the closing '>' for '<script>' no longer automatically adds '</script>' to the document, even though it did this the first time I used auto complete. The same occurs for h1. This does NOT occur for any of the other header tags - h2, h3, etc. What is happening here?

2. Am I correct in assuming that there is no code completion for javascript?

Thanks!
- hazy
hazy

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:29 am

1. I'm not sure yet. Will take a look.
2. Yes (in version 2004 there is no JavaScript code completion)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

auto complete error?

Postby hazy » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:20 am

Any luck reproducing this?

Thanks!
- hazy
hazy

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:04 pm

The problem with H1 not comming up was in the HTML definition files. SCRIPT tak completion is not supported. All other tags should work just fine. H1 will be added in the next update.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby hazy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:04 am

H1 tag - okay, thanks.

SCRIPT tag - I would request, for consistency's sake, since it comes up in the list of html tags that auto-complete work for it as well. Not asking for javascript support here (though that would be groovy), just tag completion.

Thanks!
- hazy
hazy

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support