mappings for multiple projects

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

mappings for multiple projects

Postby billbob » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi all, I appreciate all the help this forum has been in the past.

I have multiple projects, and I need to do some root relative addressing in them (ie: "/css/style.css" - notice the leading slash). As you would expect, when this gets passed to my local apache server it gets passed as "//localhost/css/style.css".

However, if I am working within ProjectA, I need it to go to the server as "//localhost/ProjectA/css/style.css". I tried using the mapping option and set it up as follows:

c:\web -> //localhost (this was the default and works fine)
c:\web\ProjectA -> //localhost/ProjectA

But root relative addressing still passes the "//localhost/..." path to the Apache server rather than "//localhost/ProjectA/..." path.

I suspect that mapping ONLY passes the pages to the server's root and ignores subdirectories.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if there is a solution to this project.

Thank you for your time and help!
bill

(my apologies: i am using rapid php 2007 8.02.77)
billbob

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support