Bug in WeBuilder 7, 8 & still in 9.0.0.96's Search & Replace

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Bug in WeBuilder 7, 8 & still in 9.0.0.96's Search & Replace

Postby slavurbator » Fri May 30, 2008 3:36 pm

I've just upgraded from version WeBuilder 2007 to WeBuilder 2008 and found a bug unfixed still my first use of WeBuilder 2006!

If there are some entries in the history/drop down list of the "search for"- and of the "replace with"-field the wrong entry is selected by mouse or keyboard. This is very, very annoying, 'cause if you don't carefully watch, what Webuilder puts into the "replace with"-field the your code could be seriously damaged, especially in conjunction with the replace all button!

For example I've selected border="0" but WeBuilder instead puts <br /> into the replace with field.
slavurbator

Re: Bug in WeBuilder 7, 8 & still in 9.0.0.96's Search & Replace

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 am

That doesn't happen on my system, and this bug hasn't been reported before.

What operating system are you using?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby slavurbator » Sat May 31, 2008 2:09 pm

My business PC is still running under Win2k SP4 - I'll try to reproduce it on another machine.
slavurbator

Postby slavurbator » Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm

As promised I've tried to reproduce it on a second system, this time running on a quite fresh installed WinXP SP3-PC ... but I was unable to reproduce it :(
Because of this I then uninstalled all WeBuilder-Entries in Windows Control Panel - Software (there have been entries from WeBuilder 6.3, 7, 8 and v.9.0RC (=9.0.0.96??!!)) of my old Win2k system and made a complete registry cleanup after rebooting. Finally I rebooted once more and did a fresh install of WeBuilder 2008 9.0.0.96.

After all of this I tried to reproduce the reported bug ... and, what should I say, I made it, meaning that it still occurs! Finally I went back to the new WinXP system and were able to reproduce it on this machine, too! I think there are two prerequisites for the buggy behaviour to occure:

1. there have to be enough entries in the drop down list of the "search for"- and/or the "replace with"-field thus a scroll bar appears in the drop down list;
2. one of the entries in the drop downlist must be the same as in a prior search/replace-action

Here's an example: My last replace with entry was "../abb/"; now when selecting an entry by mouse or keyboard, i.e. "border="0"", the wrong entry ("<br />") is put into the replace with field
slavurbator

Postby MikeyB » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 am

I have too had this happen a few times.
Can't be sure if it only happens on replace, or on just search as well.

Do CTRL+F for Find
Select one of the previous searches from the drop-down list, and it will select a different one!

Not sure if I've had it happen in 9.0.0.96, but will try to keep an eye out for it.

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby slavurbator » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 am

I've reported it for search & replace, 'cause replacing something erroneously is much more harmful especially if you use it in conjunction with "replace all"
slavurbator

Postby slavurbator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:09 am

Is anyone of the "officials" working on this issue?
slavurbator

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:13 am

All reports are noted. They may not always get publicly aknowledged, but nothing is ignored.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support