[RESOLVED] Shift-Space =   How to disable?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

[RESOLVED] Shift-Space =   How to disable?

Postby invisi1407 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 am

Hello,

It annoys me quite a it that Rapid PHP 2008 insists on converting Shift-Space to a non-breaking HTML space ("&nbsp").

How can I disable this functionality? I have looked through the Preferences but have found nothing.
invisi1407

Re: Shift-Space =   How to disable?

Postby MikeyB » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:39 am

That default short-cut gets on my nerves too, was forever doing it accidentally!

You can change it (or remove it) by doing Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts and put the word space into the "Find command" box.
You'll see that it's assigned to Shift+Space. I've changed mine to be Ctrl+Space, it's a lot harder to do accidentally, and the editor I used before used that shortcut.

To remove the shortcut all together, press Esc and it will change to None.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby invisi1407 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 am

I'm doing it almost every time I CAN do it accidentally. Thank you VERY much for your help! Greatly appreciated! :)
invisi1407

Postby voskat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:18 pm

MikeyB wrote:That default short-cut gets on my nerves too, was forever doing it accidentally!

You can change it (or remove it) by doing Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts and put the word space into the "Find command" box.
You'll see that it's assigned to Shift+Space. I've changed mine to be Ctrl+Space, it's a lot harder to do accidentally, and the editor I used before used that shortcut.

To remove the shortcut all together, press Esc and it will change to None.

Cheers,
Mike

Ah, thanks for that. :)
voskat

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support