Auto Complete doesn't work

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Auto Complete doesn't work

Postby eJM » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:10 am

I do NOT want Auto Complete enabled, but I can't seem to stop it. I have tried enabling, then disabling it, but nothing I do stops it. What's the deal? What can I do to stop this irritating feature? I am using WeBuilder 2008 (9.0.0.97).

Thanks for any help with this.

Jim
eJM

Re: Auto Complete doesn't work

Postby davenz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 am

Hi Jim.

Do you mean that when you disable Auto Complete in the program options, and you type a tag, the drop-down menu still drops down with tag and other suggestions in it? I tried disabling mine and it prevents the drop down menu appearing, re-enabling it brings it back. I'm not sure what is happening with your install or why it wont turn off.

You can check the registry settings for it as well, just to make sure there are no issues between the options dialog and the registry by looking at the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder\7.0\Settings

In the right hand window there is a setting 'Atuo Complete' and it will either have a setting of '1' (on), or '0' (off). You can toggle it there as well if you want, as long as WB is closed and bearing in mind editing the registry comes with some risks.

Dave.
davenz

Postby eJM » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:48 am

davenz wrote:Hi Jim.

Do you mean that when you disable Auto Complete in the program options, and you type a tag, the drop-down menu still drops down with tag and other suggestions in it?

No, I do not get a drop-down list. What I get, and it irritates me to no end, is when I type a tag, like say, <strong>, it creates a closing tag automatically, as in <strong></strong>. This is most disconcerting when I do my proof reading and decide I need to make a word or phrase emphasized or bold. Even at those times I am writing new code and will no doubt need that closing tag when I finish the line, I would still prefer to enter it myself.

You can check the registry settings for it as well, just to make sure there are no issues between the options dialog and the registry by looking at the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder\7.0\Settings

In the right hand window there is a setting 'Atuo Complete' and it will either have a setting of '1' (on), or '0' (off). You can toggle it there as well if you want, as long as WB is closed and bearing in mind editing the registry comes with some risks.

No problems about editing the registry. Been doing that or similar since 1992. All is as it should be at that key, and from what I can tell, all the other keys (I do wonder though, why 7.0 - it's WeBuilder 2008 and version 9.0).

So, the problem is still a problem. Thanks for trying to help. Any other ideas?

R'gards,

Jim
eJM

Postby davenz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Jim

What you describe is not 'Auto Complete' as in the option Auto Complete, but, confusingly, Auto Complete HTML tags. The way to disable this is under Preferences, Language Options, HTML and 'Auto Complete HTML Tags'. You can also disable it via the Smart Button, if you have the feature enabled.

Hope this makes sense.

Dave
davenz

Postby eJM » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:43 am

Well, I guess I wasn't very thorough. Thank you very much for pointing this out for me. I appreciate your time.

Best R'gards,

Jim
eJM

Postby davenz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am

No worries, there are options I havent seen yet either.

Like your site by the way...

Dave.
davenz

Postby chikega » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:55 am

I was just having trouble with this .. glad I found the answer here on the forums. :)
chikega

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support