BUG - File Associations - Rapid PHP 2008

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

BUG - File Associations - Rapid PHP 2008

Postby AzureCrystal » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:39 am

Thanks in advance for any help !!!

I purchased the 2008 version of Rapid PHP and installed it, but none of my .php, .css, .js, etc files got associated with RPHP, I have had this issue before with a new version on my laptop and was not able to fix it either. RPHP does not show on the list of available applications if I want to manually associate the files, and even when I browse to the .EXE, it never appears on the list and it does not take. But, if I reinstall the older 2006 version, I can fix my associations and everything works fine, I really would like to this solved as of now 2008 is not of use to me... thank you for any help or insight...
AzureCrystal

Re: BUG - File Associations - Rapid PHP 2008

Postby syrupcore » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Did you try going to Options>Preferences>Files>Associations?

I just added a new type and it registered in my system immediately - without restarting webuilder.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby davenz » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:20 am

Also, while you are there, in the file association options dialogs, if the extension is already there, try setting the default action to open with RapidPHP. If not, as Will suggests, just add a new one, though I find it hard to believe nothing is there. I just downloaded and installed a trial version of RapidPHP and, as directed, it took control of the relevant associations from Webuilder no problems. I uninstalled it and set the associations back. I am using Vista; what OS are you using?

It could be a permissions issue or some third-party software monitoring file associations for changes, (anti-virus/anti-malware software), though this doesn't explain why the older version should work, unless the later version of RPHP carries out the task differently.

I would have thought there would be many more reports if there was a bug causing this; it must be something local that is preventing this from happening.

Dave.
davenz

Postby AzureCrystal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 am

davenz wrote:Also, while you are there, in the file association options dialogs, if the extension is already there, try setting the default action to open with RapidPHP. If not, as Will suggests, just add a new one, though I find it hard to believe nothing is there. I just downloaded and installed a trial version of RapidPHP and, as directed, it took control of the relevant associations from Webuilder no problems. I uninstalled it and set the associations back. I am using Vista; what OS are you using?

WinXp Home svc pack2... My workaround was to copy all my RPHP2008 files to the 2006 folder, that worked because the registry does see 2006 as a valid program, I can live with that... This also happened on my laptop, it is the only program that DOES NOT show on my list of available programs to associate a file with, even when I browse to the .EXE file, I select it but nothing happens, it never show up on the list of programs.... Weird!!!
AzureCrystal

Postby davenz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:33 am

That is very weird indeed. As long as you can work around it, great, but it is one out of the box, that's for sure...

Dave.
davenz

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 pm

At the present moment it is known that associations won't work on Vista if the program is not launched in "Run as Administrator" mode. This is because Vista does not allow to mess with system settings and we need to do a complex privilege elevation process. We are working on a workaround.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support