CSS Property inspector fails on font shortcut!

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

CSS Property inspector fails on font shortcut!

Postby StickGrinder » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi there!

I had some problem using the css property inspector to mangle font properties using "font" shortcut!

In the inspector, under Font section, appears another font item that refers to the single-line shortcut to font properties definition.

A common example of how to spell a font shortcut could be

font: 0.75em Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

Well, the trouble is that once font-family property is witten this way (one font after another, comma separated) the whole Font->font item inside the inspector break the string in pieces and put parts of the string inside its subelements in the wrong way.

Ehrr... It's not easy to explain, moreover because english is not my mother tongue!
The best is to give it a try and watch by yourself!
If I do something wrong, please, let me know. Else... well, could we call it a feature!? ;) eheh

Bye bye!
- StickGrinder -
"Learn everything you can
and when you play, forget it."
(Charley Parker)

http://www.silenteyes.it
- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:07 pm

I understand, well, the workaround is to try to write the values in the same way in which the fields come.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby StickGrinder » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:08 am

Yes, with the drawback that if I don't want to explicitely cite all values, the workaround fails!

But of course it's a minor issue. I just reported it as you ask all your customer to do! =)

Thanks a lot to Blumentals team for this masterpiece editor! ;)

Bye
- StickGrinder -
"Learn everything you can
and when you play, forget it."
(Charley Parker)

http://www.silenteyes.it
- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:41 pm

Thank you for reporting this!

The problem be fixed when there will be some spare time. We are currently rushing to release version 2005 which is already late.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support