Why the different Products?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Why the different Products?

Postby Feldhege » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:35 pm

I was just curious. Why create three seperate productt when RapidPHP has all the functionality of the other two? The cost is very close between them so I was just curious. Would it not be easier for you to combine all the products and focus on only one?

NOT COMPLAINING. Just curious.
Feldhege

just the same, but complaining

Postby StickGrinder » Mon May 02, 2005 12:00 pm

I wonder the same thing! But I'm complaining about this!

I've just downloaded RapidPHP 2005 as I bought 2004 version in febraury and I was entitled for a free upgrade.

Apart of the facts that there is still no information about differences from 2004 version (so I have to explore the entire software to find out what's new), one of the most wanted features was Project Managing.

Well, when I click on project panel a message pops up telling "Select a valid project from the Project menu".
It's a sin that THERE IS NO PROJECT MENU!

I bet if I download HTMLPad 2005 Pro Trial I could easily find Project menu there.

What I complain about is that I have paid more for RapidPHP 2004 choosing it because it has ALL THE FEATURES of HTMLPad Pro plus some feature for PHP. But now I discover that this is not true!

My advice (as customer) is to focus on a single product instead of simply changeing the menu layout and hiding some functionality as SSI to differentiate two products that in reality ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

The only result you achieve with actual politics is to penalize RapidPHP users that cannot use some feature of HTMLPad, features that should be included (as you state on your comparative table) and that surely ARE THERE, just hidden!

Hope to have a fix that makes me able to use RapidPHP 2005 and its project managing as it's meant to be used.

Think about integrate three products or AT LEAST to penalize who pays less, NOT WHO PAYS MORE!

Bye
- StickGrinder -
"Learn everything you can
and when you play, forget it."
(Charley Parker)

http://www.silenteyes.it
- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby StickGrinder » Mon May 02, 2005 1:42 pm

Well, it seems that the problem is not relative to RapidPHP 2005 but only to layouts saved from previous versions.

I copied all settings from my 2004 installation as mentioned here. The result is that with old layouts some menu item disappears! O_o'

I recovered origianl 2005 layout table and all works well now!

In this case it is my fault and I have to apoloize for hard tones of my previous post.
Still my doubt remains: I hope RapidPHP will soon incorporates ALL the features of HTMLPad and not an "extended subset" of them (strange concept, uh?!).

Thanks a lot! I look forward for details about new features!

Bye
- StickGrinder -
(Charley Parker)

- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Tue May 03, 2005 3:13 pm

Thank you! Rapid PHP includes all of HTMLPad features (except for SSI and ASP).

About those layouts - it is my fault, I did not mention this in the upgrade instructions.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby StickGrinder » Tue May 03, 2005 3:20 pm

it doesn't matter!
I'm sorry for my hard words yesterday... it has definitively been NOT a good day.

Thanks a lot for the free upgrade! Now that I've discovered project managing I thik it's GREAT!

I'll write a suggestion about it in a new post! Watch for it! ;)

bye
- StickGrinder -
(Charley Parker)

- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Tue May 03, 2005 3:23 pm

We are only humans after all :-)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software