RPHP2005 - project managing and code completion

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RPHP2005 - project managing and code completion

Postby StickGrinder » Tue May 03, 2005 3:29 pm

Hi there Karlis.

I have two "feature requests" for further improvements of 2005 series:

1) in the Project panel, it would be nice if we can select multiple items and upload them via ftp with a single click on the big green arrow on the top of the panel. Another good idea is to "save" the chechboxes selection in the "publish" dialog so we won't have to select over and over the same three files (for example php+relative templates) to be published while working.

2) I won't hide that my greater wish for that 2005 release was a true XHTML and PHP code completion, most like the one in Delphi (or HomeSite just to mention one of your enemies). I'm not so stupid to hope you will work on it as a major upgrade to 2005 version but I think a 2006 should seriously consider this topic!

Hope this help!
Thank you and bye bye! ;)
- StickGrinder -
"Learn everything you can
and when you play, forget it."
(Charley Parker)

http://www.silenteyes.it
- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Wed May 04, 2005 4:51 pm

1) Nice, I will think on this. Quick solution - right-click file in the Project manager and use "Upload to FTP".

2) Hm :? There is not Auto Complete for HTML tags, tag parameters and even values. Also for PHP, if you press $ the auto complete kicks in. As I understand the auto complete is something where you start to write code and window with completion items appers. Am I missing or have I forgotten something? Please cast some light on this.

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby StickGrinder » Wed May 04, 2005 5:42 pm

1) yeah, I already use this quick solution ;) Hope you will consider to implement something more flexible/ergonhomic anycase! :)

2) Well, I mean exactly what you state: when I think about auto completion I imagine that nice window that pops with a list of valid tokens, hints and so on...
ehrrr.... actually you're right! That's no auto-completion! It's code hinting!!! :oops: What a shame! ;)

Well, I think that the most attractive feature that HomeSite+ has over your products is code hinting. Add code hints and you'll be the creator of the most wonderful html editor in the world! ;)

Thanks a lot and bye bye!
- StickGrinder -
(Charley Parker)

- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Wed May 04, 2005 5:45 pm

You mean like the auto-complete-like window which pops up on Ctrl+J or something like that?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby StickGrinder » Wed May 04, 2005 5:52 pm

>;-(o) D'OH!!!
Oh, welll... exactly like that! :oops:

Ok, I'm a goat!!! Sorry for unbelieving! :wink:

Just another stupid question! Could I activate the "ctrl-J" behaviour based on a timeout? Say, after 2 secs in writing a tag the window pops up automatically?

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks a lot again!

PS: by the way... that means that your editor is the most wonderful across the globe! YEEEAAAH!! 8)
- StickGrinder -
(Charley Parker)

- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Wed May 04, 2005 7:42 pm

As for now it is as it is, but I will try to figure something out for the future releases / updates.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby StickGrinder » Thu May 05, 2005 9:49 am

Thanks Master!
What other editor has such a DIRECT assistance? :D

bye
- StickGrinder -
(Charley Parker)

- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

Postby Karlis » Thu May 05, 2005 4:45 pm

:wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby feldhege » Fri May 06, 2005 7:59 pm

Hello,
No trying to butt in, but where do I press CTRL+J to see that popup windows? I have tried it in several places in RapidPHP and it doesn't popup anything. I also looked through the menus and didn't see a reference to it. Is there a list of all the keyboard commands?

Robb
feldhege

Postby Karlis » Sun May 08, 2005 3:41 pm

Robb,

If you read from the begginning, you can learn that this is currently being thought about, but not yet available. Patience, please! :-)

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby feldhege » Mon May 09, 2005 6:31 pm

Sorry. When i read it it sounds like a feature you already had. I will wait patiently as it is definitely worth the wait. :)

Robb
feldhege

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support