HTML Comment Formatting & Tabs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTML Comment Formatting & Tabs

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 12:29 pm

A couple of questions after using the editor for a bit.

HTML Comments in PHP files don't seem to take on the desired formatting (set in HTML and the HTML with PHP colours). Whatever I do they seem to remain the standard HTML style formatting and not greyed out as I would like.

Also is there a way to reserve tabs down the page.
If you press enter twice or more the cursor returns to the margin. I would like it to reserve the tab formatting (maybe there's an option?). The reason is I like to leave at least a space between my functions etc. So when I have them indented I press return twice and the cursor hops back to the start of the line, whihc is a tad annoying!

To your credit though these are the only things I can't work out at the moment so I think I will be making the purchase.

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2005 12:38 pm

Just a quick update on the formatting:

It seems to have done bits of it now. It doesn't appear to pattern match properly though as it gets to this:

Code: Select all
size="50" value="<?=//$validate->

And ends the formatting on the $validate-> arrow.

Postby Karlis » Fri May 13, 2005 1:08 am

HTML comments are formatted with HTML comment setting and PHP comments are formatted with PHP comment setting.

PHP // comment is valud up till the end of line no matter what is on that line.

I'm afraid I can not understand the problem with Tabs you are having. If you have indentation and you press Enter whatever times, the cursor each time is put on the next line but already indented.

e.g. if space is _ and cursor is |

we have
__hello world|

press enter twice and we have
__hello world
__|

cursor is still indented, not at the beginning of line.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby SiCo » Fri May 13, 2005 10:25 am

Ok, it seems my tabs aren't behaving then because after the second return and if you don't enter anything on the line it drops back tot he beginning.

__Hello World|
__|
|

I have found the problem.

I had constrain cursor to text on. Without it turned on, the indenting works perfectly.

I like having the cursor constrained otherwise I click all over the place it brings back bad memories of J Builder :D

Maybe it is a small bug or intentional I don't know but at least i've found the issue.

Thank you for getting back to me.
SiCo

Postby SiCo » Fri May 13, 2005 10:31 am

I thought I would cover the commenting seperatley.

1 is a comment all of it's own and it works.

2 Is a large comment and it stops at 'End' when in fact it should continue down the page another few lines to the HTML -->

Obviously the comments work fine in a browser as they are formatted correctly.
SiCo

Postby Karlis » Wed May 18, 2005 7:31 pm

You are correct, in the example it does not work properly, however I am having difficulties solving this at the time. Will see if anything can be done about this.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support