passing parameters to preview

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

passing parameters to preview

Postby Elygen » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Is it possible to pass parameters to the preview screen so i can test a querystring variable?
thanks,
Elygen

Re: passing parameters to preview

Postby Karlis » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Currently this is not possible as I believe having to click a button and enter the querystring is as effective as pressing the shortcut key for the real web browser preview and entering the querystring there. Does almost the same thing but saves a button and extra window (which contribute a tiny bit to performance and clarity of the interface).

If, however, it seems utterly important and other members of the user community share the same need, we may reconsider this. So I welcome to discuss this here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby kohle » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi,

I purchased this week the rapid php editor. Normally when you working with databases you need to pass parameters for testing like :
domain.com/test.php?u=user&pass=password
and so on.

Now I open extra a webbrowser and refresh the site after I changed and uploaded the script.

Is there a possibilty to define a shortcut to open an external browser + <mycode with parameters> in your application ?
kohle

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Maybe it would be more appropriate to use F12 for preview (menu Tools -> Full Screen Preview). Enter your URL in the address bar and then every time you use full screen preview this URL will open. You can even put the full screen preview in the secondary monitor and have it always open.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support