Two little bugs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Two little bugs

Postby maravizzo » Fri May 13, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi,
First of all I want to say that I'm enjoing very much the new version of HTMLpad, it's really great.

I found two bugs:
1) When working in XHTML if I insert an image from the image button it works correctly with the "/>" end, but if I insert it from the file explorer it ends with the HTML "border="0">"

2) When working with very long pages it happens that the scrollbar reach the end before the page ends (see image below): then one has to select the text to scroll down. I noticed this problem also in the previous version. It happens often but not allways: I haven't understood what cause it exactly... I'm using windows XP sp1

ciao
maravizzo

Postby Karlis » Wed May 18, 2005 7:28 pm

1) added to the list
2) do you use word wrap?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Word wrap

Postby maravizzo » Thu May 19, 2005 10:24 am

Yes, I do practically allways!
maravizzo

Postby Karlis » Fri May 20, 2005 10:40 pm

I could not reproduce the problem. As soon as you can provide exact steps to reproduce this, I believe we will be able to fix it right away.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:41 am

one more
you cannot drag OUT of the file list to another program
very inconvenient

but you can drag IN. ? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:05 pm

File explorer currently allows you to drag files in. You can use Cut / Copy commands from the context menu to muve the file around the folders.

I am still not able to reproduce scrollbar problem. Please if you encounter this again, send me the file.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:31 pm

Any progress on the border="0" when dragging images from the explorer in xhtml strict? It correctly closes the img tag but it still inserts border="0" instead of alt="".

I know this has been brought up a number of times. It's no big deal but it would be nice to have it corrected.

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:44 pm

What's wrong with having border="0" ? I like it, I use it and it seems okay to me...

Now for alt, although it is required by standard, many (most) developers do not use it, so I would not like to force it.

Now there is another way, to make this selectable (as an option) but it is a new feature and would take some time... after more important things are done.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mwb1100 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 pm

Karlis wrote:Now there is another way, to make this selectable (as an option) but it is a new feature and would take some time... after more important things are done.

Instead of on/off option(s), maybe you can let the user specify the exact set of attributes as a string. Of course, when the feature bubbles up to the top of the list.
mwb1100

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:36 pm

Instead of on/off option(s), maybe you can let the user specify the exact set of attributes as a string. Of course, when the feature bubbles up to the top of the list.

Thank you, this is a good one.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:46 am

Not to be a butthead but 'border' has been deprecated since html 4 and alt is required for all xhtml doctypes - whether developers use it or not. I have no 'problem' with border, I'd just like it not to show up when the document is in an XHTML mode. Seems like everything else in the program magically knows when the doc is XHTML and inserts things accordingly. this is the only exception that I know of.

Thank you,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support