Delete empty lines

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Delete empty lines

Postby Schlumpf » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:10 am

Hi,

is it possible to search only for empty lines (RapidPHP) and delete them all automatically?

I would appreciate if the search function could be improved especially with regards to the regular expressions. I do not know much about them and some examples ("library") would be helpful. Perhaps also the possibility to save search requests... :wink:
Schlumpf

Re: Delete empty lines

Postby Karlis » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 pm

To replace empty lines open Find and Replace window in multiline mode. Put TWO enters/breaks in search for and ONE enter/break in Replace with, then click Replace All. This way you will replace all double breaks (empty lines) with a single break.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Hans Meiser » Thu May 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Any chance to get this as an in-build command?
It's quite annoying to do this multiple steps for it, if there are several documents that have those empty lines in it.
Hans Meiser

Postby pmk65 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Hans Meiser wrote:Any chance to get this as an in-build command?

That's quite easy to do with a simple WeBuilder plugin.
Here's one i just made ;)
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6648
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Great! Just what I needed. Thanks for sharing this cool work.
Hans Meiser

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support