help with templates--please!

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

help with templates--please!

Postby Bigteeth » Tue May 17, 2005 4:54 am

I am having a problem trying to get templates with the extension .xt, or .xd to display in Webuilder 2005.

If I use a template with doc endoding, it will sometimes display, but for the most part the template I edit contain plain HTML, with little code snippets--- and those will not display in the preview.

For example I have a template named test.xt, with the following in it:

Code: Select all
<div style="padding: 5px; background: #f0f0f0; border: solid 1px #000;"> hello there </div>

It will not preview the page, but rather sends me back to the source code.

Is there a solution for this, or not?
Bigteeth

Postby Karlis » Wed May 18, 2005 7:20 pm

It seems that word template is misused here. In the context of this product, templates are documents available from File -> New From Template dialog box. Let's keep to this definition.

test.xt is a document of a type XT

The problem is that Internet Explorer does not understand XT extension. This can be solved by changing Internet Explorer MIME type settings, but it can be also solver by changing WeBuilder. We have already listed this in our list of works. However the list is huge thus it will take some time until this is resolved.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Bigteeth » Wed May 18, 2005 8:23 pm

-- sounds good. Thanks for the info :)
Bigteeth

Postby Karlis » Fri May 20, 2005 10:38 pm

OK, I'll do everything to make this available as soon as possible.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support