error message when opening file

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

error message when opening file

Postby ishi52 » Fri May 20, 2005 7:27 am

Hi there, new purchaser of HPADPro, v.6 here,
I've really liked the editor and it's ease of intuitive use. But, I've already got a major problem with it. I can not open any files or templates for editing because I get an error message that reads as follows;

"Access violation at address 763B48A9 comdlg 32.dll. Write of address 0012567E"

What does this mean and how do I repair it? Do I just reinstall the software or what? Can anyone give me a knowledgeable answer? I really need the use of the program and this is the very first tiem I've had a problem with it.
Thanks, Michael
ishi52

Postby Karlis » Fri May 20, 2005 10:32 pm

It seems that you are having problems with your Windows installation or configuration as the file comdlg32.dll is a part of your operating system. Some malware might have corrupted that file.

We have tested the software on different computers and could not reproduce the problem. We have not received any other error reports on this either.

You can try reinstalling the software but that might not help as the fault is in the Windows or some part of Windows. Repairing Windows to the original state should help.

It could also be Internet Explorer, because the browser is closely connected with operating system. You can try removing all Internet Explorer plugins such as special search toolbars and other malware, then restart your computer and try again.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Radsen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:43 pm

comdlg either works or doesn't
if ANY other programs can show the open/save dialog, then comdlg is OK.
it also contains the print, color, page setup dialogs, etc

IE has nothing to do with it. comdlg is not an updatable component.
Radsen

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:52 pm

I have no idea of what could it be as the problem is non-reproducable on any of our computers, it just works fine. This means it is something specific to your system. Probably step by step instructions of when and where to click in order to reproduce this might help.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support