2 Rapid PHP bugs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

2 Rapid PHP bugs

Postby Guest » Sat May 21, 2005 3:56 am

First of let me say that this editor is by far the closest I have come to HomeSite (my current preferred code editor)! I am very impressed with the features offered in Rapid PHP. Once it is bug free I will most definenately be purchasing a copy.

1) it appears all you have to do is click on a document in multiple locations and the editor seems to think that the file has changed in the taskbar toolbar, and yes it still occurs even when you select "Constrain cursor to text", also when the incorrect file change is indicated by the taskbar, the undo buttons remain inactive, as a true indicator that the file really has not changed.

2) php syntax check does not seem to work at all! It always returns the syntax check as correct. I did provide the location to php.exe correctly.

Postby SiCo » Sun May 22, 2005 7:16 pm

Just to say that the Syntax check works for me (on limited tests anyway).
SiCo

Postby Karlis » Wed May 25, 2005 1:16 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

1) Please describe close steps to reproduce the problem (e.g. open file, press that and click there). Also please add info about which editor options such as word wrap, tabs to spaces and cursor to text are used.

2) Could not reproduce, it works OK here. Which PHP exe file version are you using? Please try another php version - older or newer?

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2005 11:09 am

1)word wrap = no, tabs to spaces = yes, constrain cursor to text = yes (open file and randomly click on multiple places to trigger bug).

2)php 4.3.10

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:48 am

Hi again, I have just tried the new demo 6.1, unfortunenately the bug is still there.

Postby mets293 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Mee too. same thing.
mets293

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:00 pm

I'm afraid I still can not reproduce this. Probably it depends on some characters used in the file. Please send your file and give exact instructions of where to click. Thanks in advance!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:45 am

Try a longer file where the scrollbar is visible...keep scrolling and clicking anywhere on the document, it also does it after the file has been saved in Rapid PHP...where can I send the file?

Postby Karlis » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:50 pm

Send the file to support[at]blumentals.net

Thanks! :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Reuvenm » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Here too (PHP version : 5.0.2 ), any syntax check return OK even on the default new-page, where I insert a K in echo, for example.
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:33 pm

If the syntax check does not work, please try different PHP version. I am still waiting for a file that causes the scrolling problem.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Reuvenm » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:24 am

As it looks, the syntax is checking matching (){}[] etc, but not PHP functions syntax (eg, a mistake in writing $_PHP_SELF vs $_PPH_SEFL, or str_replace vs srt_rpleace).
In that context: matching brackets/parentheses highlight will be helpfull.
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:51 pm

Bracket matching is available from the Search menu and also on the Search toolbar. Put the cursor near the opening or closing bracket and the match will be found.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby flz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:32 pm

admin wrote:I'm afraid I still can not reproduce this. Probably it depends on some characters used in the file. Please send your file and give exact instructions of where to click. Thanks in advance!

I think this is caused by tabs in empty lines. When you type indented text and type "enter" two times, you have a tab at the beginning of the empty line. If you save the file now and reopen, then click on the right side of the empty line, you can see the cursorposition indented like the text above it. And now the bug: if you click some other place now, the tab in the empty line is obviously removed and the file appears changed, but undo is greyed out.

Hope this can help you!
flz

Postby flz » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:11 pm

there is another simpler way to reproduce:
- type a tabstop, then some letters.
- hit "enter" a couple of times
- save the file
- click somewhere to make it appear changed

I think it would be a good thing if those tabstops weren't removed once typed (if "constrain cursor to text" is activated). I often type empty function blocks, and when i move up to type the function, the cursor is at the beginning of the line again.
flz

Next

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support