layouts, panels and error messages

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

layouts, panels and error messages

Postby printmkr » Thu May 26, 2005 8:13 pm

Didn't mean to open a new topic, but when I tried to "post reply" in the "Not enough storage is available to process this command" thread it did not seem to take.

I may have screwed up my various layouts by opening too many panels, like "File Explorer" and "Object Browser" and moving them around in the various layouts. Is there a limit to how many panels we can have open? I was specifically trying to "nest" Object Browser and Markup Browser with File Explorer. If Object or markup Browser did open, they would be blank or only one would show detail. And they would make the tabs on the bottom of the window (indicating "File Explorer" and the like) disappear. Then RPHP would bomb. And this seemed to screw up whatever layout I was in at the time when I had to quit with Task Manager. So I may have screwed up all the built in layouts along with ones I have created.

The three errors I have seen are
1) "Not enough storage is available to process this command" error.
2) "Control 'dockFilex' has no parent window"
3) "Internal error while destroying a TdxTabContainerDockSite object layout (c:\Program Files\Developer Express Inc\ExpressBars\Delphi 7\source\dxDockControl.pas, line 4836)"

If anyone can recreate this or has experienced similar problems it would be great to know that it is not just my machine. I have 48 gigs HD free and 2 gigs of RAM. Perhaps it is time for a fresh install? Or maybe there are tips on how to cut down on memory when using RPHP? Or are there limits to how many panels you can have open at a time?
printmkr

Postby Karlis » Sun May 29, 2005 7:01 pm

Try deleting all of your layouts and creating them again from scratch, it could be that for some reason they might have got corrupted.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby printmkr » Mon May 30, 2005 9:32 pm

A total uninstall and reinstall seemed to do the trick! Thanks!
printmkr

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:32 pm

This could also be fixed by exiting the program and completely deleting files in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Blumentals\Rapid PHP\layouts
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby printmkr » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:38 pm

Thanks, I will keep that in mind if it happens again!
printmkr

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support