two small bugs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

two small bugs

Postby nads » Sat May 28, 2005 1:21 am

Hi,

Here are two requests/bugs in HTMLPad 2005:

1) When renaming a file outside the editor, you can still edit the file in HTMLPad as if it still exists... It should pop up a message saying the file isn't there anymore like it does when the file is updated externally IMHO.

2) When editing a CSS file, put the caret on a color value and click Insert Color. HTMLPad will recognize that the caret is over a color value, but will change it from #<oldcolor> to ##<newcolor>. Can it be fixed?

Thanks

Nadav
nads

Postby Karlis » Sun May 29, 2005 7:23 pm

Thank you for your report.

1) This is not currently planned to be changed. If you delete file, just close its window.

2) Probably you could explain in more detail hwat to type and where to put ceret in order to reproduce this problem. I would appreciate it very much and of course if there is such thing, it can be fixed. I could not reproduce this. When caret is over a color, I select Insert Color and the #xxxxxx becomes selected alltogether and subsequently replaced with the new color value.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 pm

admin wrote:2) Probably you could explain in more detail hwat to type and where to put ceret in order to reproduce this problem. I would appreciate it very much and of course if there is such thing, it can be fixed. I could not reproduce this. When caret is over a color, I select Insert Color and the #xxxxxx becomes selected alltogether and subsequently replaced with the new color value.

Hi,

I rechecked and found an example. Create a new CSS and paste the following code in. Now put the cursor over the color value and see what happens...
Code: Select all
#container{
   border: 0px solid #2450A7;
}

Cheers,

Nadav

Postby Karlis » Mon May 30, 2005 12:12 am

Here is what happens:

Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

the color bug...

Postby nads » Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 pm

I've sent you an e-mail with a css file that causes the bug to appear on my system. Have you been able to reproduce it using the file?
nads

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Yes, thanks! This has been added to the list of fixes to be done in the next update. I'll start working on them as soon as time permits.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support