Problems with JavaScript in Preview mode

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Problems with JavaScript in Preview mode

Postby John » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:47 am

I am using HTMLPad 2002 Pro ver.4.11 Pro (4.1.1.25) on Win 2000 Pro SP3, IE 6.0.2800.1106 SP1, Java 2 v1.41.1_01 and from time to time experience following problem:
when writing JavaScript in HTML mode I very often switch to Preview mode and test whether my JS works and how. And then suddenly Preview mode stops to respond to JS events. I can click on buttons, move the mouse etc. but nothing happens. If I close and reopen the document everything is fine again (without restarting HTMLPad). This is really confusing, because I started to think that there is something wrong with my script until the moment I opened my HTML document in IE and saw that JS works. :cry:
John

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:22 am

Seems very weird to me. Can you describe some precise way to reproduce it?
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Problems with JavaScript in Preview

Postby Underdog » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:10 am

Well, I've seen this happen in two instances:

If there is a JavaScript syntax error, no JavaScript runs, whether it's on buttons or events or what. Remember that when you go to Preview, you are previewing Prev0.htm (or some other number). I don't think you're ever previewing your real page, even if you just saved it. When you open "it" in Internet Explorer, you are probably opening your HTML and not the Previewed one. That's one idea.

The other time I've had this happen to me is when there was an error in my JavaScript code and a window comes up that says "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" If I say no, then it never tries to run anymore scripts until I close and reload the html document.

Hope that helps.
"Roj"
Underdog

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support