1 real and 1 unreal bugs

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

1 real and 1 unreal bugs

Postby Franco Fucini » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:10 am

Real: sometimes (not always, just "sometimes"), when I delete a document in File Explorer and this document is too opened in the workspace, the "file" is deleted but the document in the workspace remains. I don't understand if the program is entended to delete the file AND remove the copy in the workspace... or only to delete the file (in this case the bug doesn't exists actually, but the behaviour is maybe a bit befuddling).

Unreal bug: since this program is really GOOD in every detail, I warn you about a little lack of precision. I have the "WeBuilder" product. In the help Menu there is the link to the HTMLPad Page... and it brings (correctly) to the WeBuilder page. So I think that in WeBuilder the caption should be fixed. A stupid thing... but I've really appreciated this program and I love it "perfect" :)

Best regards,
Franco (Italy)
Franco Fucini

Postby Karlis » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:30 pm

About the first one. consider this situation - somebodywants to delete the file from the disk and save it as different name or in different folder. Leaving the text available in the editor allows to save the contents of the file just deleted. Since there is no undo for file deletion, this might save the data. Not everybody is careful with their code :D One option I see now would be to display "Do you want to..." dialog. But wouldn't this be too annoying?

The second is already known :-) But thanks for mentioning.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support