Problems with ANSI files in Romanian

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Problems with ANSI files in Romanian

Postby radukn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 pm

I use WeBuilder 2011, latest version. I've digg on Google and on this forum for a solution. And while I see a lot "forget ANSI, use UTF8", I cannot do that for some of my files. So, what I really need is to have our Romanian characters shown correctly. What can be done?

I did check "Open ANSI files as UTF-8 without BOM" with no success. But even if this would work somehow, is not what I want. Is WeBuilder not capable to work nicely with ANSI files? If it can't, than... what a waste! Very good in some aspects, but the problem with ANSI is too big and important for me...

Please, do not tell me to switch to UTF8, but tell me how can I do it with ANSI. It works on Notepad++ and tens of other text/IDE programs.

The text file from capture can be use for tests from here: http://www.filedropper.com/textsimplu
radukn

Re: Problems with ANSI files in Romanian

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:37 pm

For ANSI files to work correctly, please make sure that your editor font supports Romanian characters. Try Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> General and click Choose Editor Font button. There you should be able to select the correct script.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby radukn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Nope, nope, nope. That's not the issue.

Yet, I try with ALL the font options from where you indicated me. With no luck.

Of course, in MS Word or even text editor which allow font setting, Courier New or Lucida Console show correctly Romanian characters.

The problem is somewhere else, not where you, kindly, indicated.

radukn

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 pm

I'll take a deeper look tomorrow. When I open your file, the Romanian characters get replaced by Baltic characters and I suspect this is connected to Windows 7 Regional Settings (Language for non-Unicode programs), but I need to do a bit more testing to make sure.
Aivars

Postby radukn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you very much for taking a closer look. I will look for your answer.

Just to prevent a question, see:

radukn

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am

I tested everything and it seems like there must be some kind of bug. It works fine for other languages but not for Romanian for some reason.

Interestingly, if the file is opened in FireFox then it displays the same characters as WeBuilder

I'm sorry that I can't help you any further for now.
Aivars

Postby radukn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 am

This is one HUGE bad news. But thank you for trying. I will have to rely on Notepad++ or other editors for ANSI. Too bad. I was hoping WeBuilder will be one-solution-for-all-web-files. Now is only for UTF8 files.

Maybe a future release will fix this.
radukn

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support