Odd Alt-Tab Behavior

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Odd Alt-Tab Behavior

Postby syrupcore » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:05 am

Hi,

Really digging this software. I'm using WebBuilder 6.1.0.54.

When I alt-tab from WebBuilder to another application (FF or IE for example) there are two webuilder icons I need to tab through but I can only find one open WebBuilder window. It's not that big of a deal but it's just habit. Save and ALT+TAB and CTRL+R to refresh my browser. That extra TAB is making me kuhrazee! ;)

Have I set something up wrong or can I turn it off somehow?

Thanks.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Re: Odd Alt-Tab Behavior

Postby Bendis » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:50 am

syrupcore wrote:When I alt-tab from WebBuilder to another application (FF or IE for example) there are two webuilder icons...

Hi Will,

i recognized the same: two icons in alt-tab. But i use the alt-tab Taskswitch Powertoy from MS...
Bendis

Postby TomTinsley » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Bendis wrote:
syrupcore wrote:When I alt-tab from WebBuilder to another application (FF or IE for example) there are two webuilder icons...

Hi Will,

i recognized the same: two icons in alt-tab. But i use the alt-tab Taskswitch Powertoy from MS...

Something else... If you minimize WeBuilder and do the alt tab you see only one icon.
TomTinsley

Postby Bendis » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:10 pm

Another thing i noticed:

When i open a .htm file from explorer with rightclick>open with>htmlpad it opens, but the focus is not at HTMLPad (it comes not in front).

The same with any other program, e.g. rightclick>open with>firefox opens the file and firefox comes in front.
Bendis

Postby syrupcore » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:01 pm

Bendis wrote:Hi Will,

Ah yes, I use the power toy as well.

For folks who do not use the power toy, do you see two icons when alt-tabbing? The powertoy doesn't do that much for me, I'd gladly dump it.

Thanks
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:30 pm

I grabbed a screen shot of it.

That weird black outline 'preview' of the window changes each time. Some of the shapes are pretty cool! ;)

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:46 pm

yeah! Uninstalled the ALT-TAB power toy and all is well again.

I'm still curious though. Is that extra screen somehow connected to WeBuilder's realtime preview?

Thanks all,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:07 am

:lol: haha, now I keep hitting alt+tab+tab anyway... :roll: At least it makes me laugh at myself every 35 seconds or so.

we humans adapt quickly.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Bendis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:51 pm

syrupcore wrote:Is that extra screen somehow connected to WeBuilder's realtime preview?

Will,

that's what i guess - it's the realtime preview...

Maybe you should try this: TopDesk gives you an overview of all open windows, including minimized windows. With a single key press, you can instantly view thumbnails of all open windows, display windows belonging to the current application, or hide all windows to quickly access the desktop.

http://www.otakusoftware.com/topdesk/

Not like the alt-tab function, but like the "ExposƩ" function for Mac OS
Bendis

Postby syrupcore » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:14 am

Thanks bendis. That looks cool.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:25 pm

This is just too weird for me no understand. I did everything and could not reproduce the behavior. There is one single icon.

Probably there is something specific you have done to your PCs? :roll: Please let me know.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support