Undo / Redo bug and risk

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Undo / Redo bug and risk

Postby Reuvenm » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:30 pm

The undo / Redo is not reliable and risky.
There is no abvious way to assume what the result will come up after invoking undo, the software get confused as to what to undo or redo, and you end up with no way to retrieve text you may've written.
Try doing it multiple times and your typing is gone for good.
It looks as if the Redo command starts the probelm, or starts the "forgetting" action, which mess up the code.

Version 6.1.054, purchased
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 pm

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the problem. It would be great if you could send some set of instructions in step-by-step fashion that would allow exactly to reproduce the loss of data. :?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Reuvenm » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:40 pm

It turns out to be CTL+Y key combi that causes the problem.
I've modified the shortcut to have CTL+Y represent a used-to REDO shortcut, then I discovered that however that's set, CTR+Y is deleting text (I tried to locate it's assignment with no luck).
Try:
type something
delete few words
CTR+Z few times
CTRL+Y few time...(note)
Now try assigning CTRL+Y to REDO and ypu'll notice (still) the same behaviour).

Thank you

BTW I don't receive notifications from the forum, even though I'm marked into it.
Reuvenm

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support