Settings/Preferences Storage

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Settings/Preferences Storage

Postby surfichris » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:55 am

Hi,

Just a quick question:

I'm curious to know if RapidPHP stores (or has the ability to store) preferences and settigns in an INI (or file system storage) instead of the registry? Obviously this would include the registration data too.

The reason I ask is because i'm thinking of purchasing a license but my primary installation will be on a USB flash drive so that I can take it to my place of education and use it there too. We also do not have permissions to modify the registry there and I don't want to be leaving my license data and preferences behind their either.

Cheers
surfichris

Postby Grzegorz Wiktorowski » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:58 am

I reported this here:

http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?t=486

So I'm not alone with the problem. But I don't see any real progress with the issue.

There is also the bug in unistaller. It removes all settings from the registry.
Grzegorz Wiktorowski
OiOK
Grzegorz Wiktorowski

Postby printmkr » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:44 pm

an XML-based properties file would be great!
printmkr

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:49 pm

Grzegorz, uninstaller removes all the settings because it should leave your system clean and this is requirement for uninstallers set by specifications. If you need to preserve the settings, you can copy the data files and export the registry key to a file. If you are updating, you must install the update over the previous version and the settings are saved.

Currently there is nothing planned. The settings are stored in registry and some data files and snippet files are stored in the Application Data folder.

I hope this helps! :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby gLes » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:57 pm

As I said before in a previous topic, I would also welcome a function to export all options into a single file, or rather an option to store all settings in an inifile right in the program directory. This is very useful if you want to use these programs from your pendrive or such like when you're working on several computers but don't want to move your settings everywhere. You can do this with Opera I think and a lot of people are doing it! :)
gLes

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support