"file modified" checking quirks

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

"file modified" checking quirks

Postby flz » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:49 am

While webuilder is really a great program, when working with it some time, i noticed three little quirks that keep disturbing me.

1) This is already in another thread, just to have it all together because it's the same topic: Tabs and whitespaces at the end of lines are removed by webuilder when selecting the line, causing the file to appear modified.

2) This is a quite serious bug in my opinion: if someone else has modified an open file, a dialog appears: "Another application has modified ... Do you want to load the updated version?"
This dialog should be modal!
Now, as soon as you click somewhere in webuilder, the dialog moves behind webuilder and you're allowed to change the file and even save it, overwriting the changes of the other person.

3) If a file which is already open is doubleclicked in file explorer, a dialog appears: "Do you want to revert to the last saved version?". IMHO this should (if at all) only appear when the files on disk and in the editor are really different, otherwise it's quite disturbing, suggesting the file has changed somehow after it was saved. And another one: if you answer "Yes", the file appears changed (asterisk), but it as was just opened from disk, it cannot possibly have been changed.
flz

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Thanks. The first one was already planned the other two were also just added to the fixlist. I'll try to get them fixed in the next or one of the nearest updates.

Updates will be back soon, currently most of us enjoy vacations or a kind of 8)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby flz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:59 pm

Thank you Karlis. Especially the second one would help me a lot. I hope you find time to enjoy vacations too!
flz

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:48 pm

Thanks. I'll give the second one higher priority.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support