WeBuilder 2005 File Open Issue

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Postby ScotDiddle » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:34 pm

Hello, When I try to open a registered file (foo.html) without the html suffix (foo) I get back: foo.htm not found. I have tried messing with the file open suffix order, but that has not helped... Please advise. Thanks. Scot L. Diddle
...No Digital... None of the Time...
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:54 pm

I'm afraid I do not completely understand :?

The process should be easy, you click Open, then browse and click on the file you want to open... Where exactly is the difficulty? :roll:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ScotDiddle » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi Karlis, Whereas I have a large website that I am developing, I have a lot of files in my root directory. I find it convenient to type the name of the file in the text box, then hit enter... If I do not type the full name, the system returns: file foo.htm not found... I may have a file called foo.php, but if I just enter " foo " I get the error message. I have WeBuilder on my desktop and laptop... On the laptop, I can enter foo, and foo.php gets loaded. I can't find any configuration differences which would account for these different behaviors. Thanks. Scot
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:17 pm

Now I understand. I did try to do this and everything went well. At least on my current Windows XP computer, it works just fine. The filter is set to "Popular Web Documents".
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ScotDiddle » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Hi, Still not working... Filter set to Popular, File Open Options for Popular set to:

*.php*;*.css;*.html;*.htm;.xml;*.xsl;*.xslt;*.cgi;*.pl;*.asp;*.js;*.wml;*.txt;*.shtml;*.shtm;*.vbs

I can live with the problem... Thanks for looking into it... Scot
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm just curious, how can this be.

Do you use Windows XP? Could it be that there are other "foo" files or folders in the same directory?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ScotDiddle » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Good Morning... The system where I am having the issue is Windows NT 4.0.

My Laptop has Windows XP and I do not experience the problem there.

I created a new, unique file called testy.php today on the NT system, and when I type testy into the open dialog text box, it returns testy.HTM not found. I will upgrade my desktop to XP ( I've needed to do that for a while anyway....) I will report back wheter or not that fixes it. Thanks for a great product, and swift support. Scot
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:04 pm

Ok, so it seems that this is a fault of Windows NT API. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done. What is more, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 95 support will be soon dropped anyway. I'm wondering whether you plan to upgrade to newer Windows version?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ScotDiddle » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:12 pm

I am now on XP on both my systems... Thanks for Great support and a Great Product. Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Great, XP is really much better than old Windows.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support