CSS Length Dialog only shows px in unit dropdown

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

CSS Length Dialog only shows px in unit dropdown

Postby ecarlson66 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:39 pm

Any time I select "Length" from the code hints while creating CSS styles I don't see any of the common units in the dropdown.
ecarlson66

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:18 pm

There should be various length units available, including px, em, in etc. I tried to reproduce the problem with no success.

Please describe in more detail what are you doing and with which CSS properties does this happen? What Windows version are you running?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

one choice drop down in length

Postby dthieme » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:04 am

I've noticed the same issue in HTMLPad. In my case, I'm running Win XP Home SP2, had a previous install of a trial version of Rapid CSS ( then bought Rapid CSS 2005).
The instance where I've observed this is when building up an entry in a CSS stylesheet, say adding a font-size. After picking "font-size" from the menu that appears when I enter a new line, HTMLPad adds the entry and the displays the attribute choices, percentage, length and named. I double click on length and get a default choice of 0 px, clicking on the drop down displays a single blank line, leaving px as the only choice.
I tried it in Rapid CSS 2005 and it did the same thing. I remember when I installed CSS 2005 that I removed the trial version afterwards, possibly that removed a needed dll? Another CSS program I have, Topstyle Lite, provides a length drop down, too and it gives me all the available options.
dthieme

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:49 pm

Thank you for the information. Most likely something was deleted when you attampted to uninstall trial version. You should install the full version on top of the trial and then leave it there.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby dthieme » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:06 pm

admin wrote:Thank you for the information. Most likely something was deleted when you attampted to uninstall trial version. You should install the full version on top of the trial and then leave it there.

I tried a clean install on another pc running WinXP, with the same results. Then I un-installed it, ran Windows restore to a restore point two days ago, ran the installation of the first Trial product, rapidcss5.exe and discovered it didn't offer any pop ups, I had to enter length parameters by hand. Then without un-installing it, I ran the install for HTMLPad 6.3 and it still won't show more than a "px" selection. I see in the .ini files that the section for length attributes are there, it's just that the program isn't picking them up. Is there a registry entry that controls this?
dthieme

Postby dthieme » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:47 am

Well, it's not a complete bust. I see that the available length types show up in the inspector selections, just not in the code editor window. Since the numerical options are whole numbers only (won't let me insert a decimal) I still would have to go back and edit the size since, in fonts especially, I use em a lot and need the decimal point. So it remains just a minor problem in a pretty nice product. Still happy I bought a copy.
dthieme

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:41 pm

Finally I got it :) You were talking about Auto Complete, I thought it is the Inspector. Yes, you are correct, in Auto Complete there is a problem with this. Now that we have identified it, I can assure you that it will be fixed.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby dthieme » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:53 pm

admin wrote:Finally I got it :) You were talking about Auto Complete, I thought it is the Inspector. Yes, you are correct, in Auto Complete there is a problem with this. Now that we have identified it, I can assure you that it will be fixed.

Glad we were able to get that cleared up :wink: Looking forward to the fix.
dthieme

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support