Copy / Paste / Clipboard Problem

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Copy / Paste / Clipboard Problem

Postby Kevin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 am

Hi Karlis,

Running the latest version of WeBuilder 12.2 on Win 7 (64).

Whenever any of 4 browsers (Firefox / Explorer / Chrome / Safari) (all the latest versions) are opened,
the copy / paste /clipboard functionality on WeBuilder only stops working. Copy / Paste / Clipboard in
every other app works fine, so it's only WeBuilder affected.

I tested a variety of variables in Firefox disabling all the extensions, safe mode, etc. and still no luck.
As soon as I close Firefox, copy / paste / clipboard in WeBuilder works perfectly again.

I've done reboots, and the only factor I've got that seems to be causing is any browser opening causes
the problem. When closed the problem is gone.

I checked on an older PC also that has the latest version of WeBuilder, but that one is runing Windows XP.
And on that plaform copy / paste / clipboard works fine with an older version of Firefox open.

Any thoughts how to resolve this or is anyone else having this issue? I know there have been copy / paste /
clipboard issues posted here many times over the years and I've gone through all those posts and didn't
see a solution that worked to resolve this.

Thank you! Looking forward to figuring this out.

One other difference besides the Xp on my old desktop and Win 7 on my laptop is I have PHP installed on
the old PC but haven't installed it on the laptop. However I disabled the PHP function realtime syntex check, etc.
and that didn't make a difference so I'm assuming not having PHP on the laptop wouldn't relate to a copy / paste /
clipboard issue.

Kevin
Kevin

Re: Copy / Paste / Clipboard Problem

Postby Kevin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 am

I just discovered the cause.

It's Webroot's SecureAnwhere AV program.

When I disable WSA, the copy / paste / clipboard works in WeBuilder with all the browsers open.

So it is WSA doing real-time browsing protection interacting with WeBuilder whenever any
browser is opened and causing the clipboard to stop functioning.

Now next question is is there a way to fix that conflict in WeBuilder's code? WSA isn't causing
Windows clipboard to not work, nor any other app that has copy / paste functions. So even
though it is WSA, there must be something in the WeBuilder code only causing a conflict.

At least now we can focus precisely to find a fix. :)
Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 am

Ok I've completely resolved the issue.

What was happening was WSA was monitoring all the browsers in real-time.

WeBuilder interfaces with all the browsers via it's preview code.

WSA was seeing WeBuilder interacting with the browsers as a potential threat
within something in the WeBuilder code related to the copy / paste / clipboard
code and it had set the Protect Applications Advanced setting for WeBuilder
from ALLOW to DENY.

So resetting that to ALLOW re-enabled WeBuilders clipboard code to execute
properly again.

You might want to duplicate this on one of your PC's and determine why only
WeBuilder's clipboard triggered a suspicious activity alert to WSA
since a lot of people have WSA protecting their computers.

Nothing like the satisfaction of successful detective work . . . now back to
coding ....
Kevin

Postby Aivars » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks, it's good to know what to look for if someone happens to have a similar issue with the clipboard.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pientka » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:27 am

I am having the same issue while using Rapid PHP 2010.

Glad I understand why it is happening. Hopefully a fix can be created to resolve this as it is not practical to close all my browser windows to use copy/paste in Rapid PHP as most of the time I am developing code that must be tested via a browser.
pientka

Postby pientka » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:36 am

I just downloaded the trial version of Rapid PHP 2014 and it has the same issue.
pientka

Postby Aivars » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

Check if you also have any anti-virus software that is blocking the clipboard.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support