RapidPHP 2014 - Frequent Lockups in File Explorer

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP 2014 - Frequent Lockups in File Explorer

Postby MarkTJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Windows 7, 32bit, SP1
RapidPHP 2014, version 12.1.0.149

I don't know exactly what the precise trigger is, but it seems like when I delete or rename folders or files in the File Explorer -> Project window, the program will go to "Not Responding", won't come back, and I'll have to kill the program. I've added rapidphp.exe to both Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes to be ignored.
MarkTJ

Re: RapidPHP 2014 - Frequent Lockups in File Explorer

Postby Aivars » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Does it happen in Project tab only or also in Folders tab?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby MarkTJ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:00 am

I don't recall it doing this in the Folders tab. I don't work in that tab as much as Projects, though. I'll try it some tomorrow and see if I can trigger it.
MarkTJ

Postby MarkTJ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Aivars, yes, it will also lockup in File Explorer -> Folders. It may be relevant to mention that I work with files on other machines on my LAN. So I'm using mapped drives to access the files. Also important to point out is that it happens with files on different network machines. For example, I primarily work with files on a Thecus NAS box, but I was working with files on a Windows XP PC when I verified the lockup in File Explorer -> Folders.

I'm going to copy the files to my local hard drive and see if the lockups continue to occur.
MarkTJ

Postby MarkTJ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Follow up on working with local files: I haven't had a lockup all day. So this might be an issue with RapidPHP not being able to handle network connections well, or something.
MarkTJ

Postby Aivars » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 am

Basically WeBuilder uses nothing but the recommended Windows functions for file operations, so if the lockups occur it's more likely that's either Windows or network's fault, but I can't guarantee it at the moment, so I'll add a note that this needs to be taken a look at.
Aivars

Postby MarkTJ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm

I can now confirm that the lockup WILL happen even when the files are stored on my local hard drive. It's not as frequent, but still happens.

Also worth noting is that RapidPHP's bug report function does not kick off. After I've killed the process, then reopen, I get a Windows popup that asks:

"The application did not close properly. Data loss may have occurred.
Would you like to load the auto-saved recovery data?"

Also, when the programmed is reopened, I see that whatever it is I was doing that caused the crash has actually completed. So if I was deleting a file in File Explorer, it's been deleted.
MarkTJ

Postby Aivars » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:25 pm

If we could reproduce it on at least one of our PCs, we could fix the problem. Maybe you could give us some ideas, what might be different about your computer, so that we can set up a PC the same way. I thought it might be because of network connectivity but apparently not if local files cause the same problem.
Aivars

Postby MarkTJ » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Aivars wrote:If we could reproduce it on at least one of our PCs, we could fix the problem. Maybe you could give us some ideas, what might be different about your computer, so that we can set up a PC the same way. I thought it might be because of network connectivity but apparently not if local files cause the same problem.

Programs running in my system tray:
Microsoft Outlook 2007, SP3
Microsoft Security Essentials (up to date)
MalwareBytes 1.75.0.1300
dropf (www.dropf.com)
Catalyst Control Center (video)
LogMeIn Free (remote PC host software)
Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager (scanner software)
APC PowerChute Personal Edition (battery backup software)
MarkTJ

Postby horsey_kim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:41 am

I have this happen to me all the time, several times a day. I am using RapidPHP 2015. It is usually when I am uploading pdf or other type files from the project tab. I use: right click on file name and then select upload to ftp. I use F4 to save and upload my normal php, css and html files. No issues there.

If I have several files to upload to my website (like pdfs) then I use a ftp software instead of in RapidPHP to avoid it's message "not responding" and then it crashes. I would prefer to do all my uploading from the project tab tho. I never had this problem with 2013 version. It just started the last two versions.

Thanks,

Kim
horsey_kim

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support