internal preview (i read the faq)

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

internal preview (i read the faq)

Postby tssev » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:57 am

hi everybody,

nice tool. i'd like to buy it, but there's one major feature that won't work at all: the internal preview function. i read the faq and configured the internet explorer as shown there. i also rebooted my system but nothing seems to help. what's going wrong there?

some additional info: i'm currently using the trial version of rapid php.

thx

tssev
tssev

Postby syrupcore » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:17 am

do you have a webserver and PHP installed on your machine?

I do, and actually, still have trouble previewing php pages. I just set the pages up in my localhost root and preview in the browser. With multiple undo's, it's no biggie to save, alt+tab, ctrl+R... If you broke it, undo it.

it's funny the way it handles undo though. I get to see all of my shitty typing replayed for me. 10-12 undos to remove a 5 letter word. ugh.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby tssev » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:32 pm

hi,

i currently work with html files only. so the preview should work fine, but it does NOT.

it would be nice, if admin could say something to that.

i won't buy the tool, after the summer special is over.

tssev
tssev

Postby tssev » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:33 pm

hi,

automatic replace doesn't work either. i configured the snippets that should be replaced for example ƶ with ö but when i put in an ƶ, nothing happens. by now, i'm a little bit disappointed about that program, cause the promised "killer" features don't work.

tssev
tssev

Postby syrupcore » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:57 am

Do you have any other browsers installed on your system you can test with? Just to make sure it's not IE that's causing the problem.

If you go to options>preferences>preview>general, you can select the default browser. Try switching it to firefox or opera or something, restart the program and see if it works then.

good luck.
will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Internal Preview Issue

Postby j171717 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Not to pile on but....

I recently upgraded from WeBuilder 6.1 to WB 6.2 and now the Internal Preview feature does not work as it did.

In WB 6.1, using HTML files only, I set up with the code window on top and the Split Screen Hor on the bottom. In 6.1, HTML and text entered on top would "show up" in the Split Screen Hor window below after a second or so. After upgrading to 6.2, this no longer is the case. I must explicitly click the "Refresh Preview" button to see the changes. What is the intended and expected behavior?

Thanks,

j171717
j171717

Re: Internal Preview Issue

Postby kfury77 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:39 am

j171717 wrote:Not to pile on but....

I recently upgraded from WeBuilder 6.1 to WB 6.2 and now the Internal Preview feature does not work as it did.

In WB 6.1, using HTML files only, I set up with the code window on top and the Split Screen Hor on the bottom. In 6.1, HTML and text entered on top would "show up" in the Split Screen Hor window below after a second or so. After upgrading to 6.2, this no longer is the case. I must explicitly click the "Refresh Preview" button to see the changes. What is the intended and expected behavior?

Thanks,

j171717

exactly the same thing has happened to me after i upgraded from WeBuilder 6.1 to 6.2...

:(
kfury77

No problem for me, the software is great

Postby maravizzo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:24 am

Hi tssev,

I've never had problems with preview, for replacing special characters like "ƶ with ö" the way is not the one you followed: just write your text then do "Edit --> Convert Special Chars --> Special Chars to Entities".

Finally, if the author doesn't answer maybe is because he is in holidays (it's august!), usually he does in a coupple of days...
maravizzo

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Indeed ... I took some free days 8)

As for auto replace. Could not reproduce the problem, it seems to work. You pess your special character, then press space and the replacement happens.

As for preview, indeed I can see that real time (timer based) refresh does not happen when it should. Will take a look!

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Internal Preview Issue

Postby kfury77 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:48 pm

kfury77 wrote:
exactly the same thing has happened to me after i upgraded from WeBuilder 6.1 to 6.2...

:(

Interestingly, the internal preview didn't work on either my home or work PC (both running Windows XP SP2) but today my harddrive died at work and I did a complete reinstall on a new hard drive and now the internal preview works perfectly. still doesn't work on my home pc though - hope it can be fixed in a version 6.3 soon! :-)
kfury77

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:53 am

I hope to release update with version number 6.2.0.56 or something like that in the following week. It should correct the problem with timer based refresh.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Preview refresh STILL doesn't work

Postby HeadElf » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:35 am

Yup, you got it. Preview still doesn't automatically refresh. And it only updates about 10% of the time when I hit the refresh button.

HeadElf
HeadElf
HeadElf

Postby Karlis » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:50 pm

HeadElf, I'm sure this problem is specific to your computer or Internet Explorer configuration, as it seems to work just fine here and for hundreds of others.

We use IE for displaying the preview and it could be that you have some IE plugins installed or something in IE config that prevents preview module to work properly. This is the most common cause of any preview problems.

If it will be technically possible, in version 2006 you will be able to use FireFox based preview.

Also, maybe this can help:
http://www.blumentals.net/rapidphp/faq. ... pd_preview

P.S. Your post was edited because of some inappropriate language. Sorry for that. :)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby HeadElf » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:13 pm

I found the FAQ in another post and set IE according. It's massively irritating that I actually have to hit the refresh button to see what I've done. I've been using EditPlus for years and have NEVER had to do that extra step.

HeadElf
HeadElf
HeadElf

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:33 pm

Yes, I also can not understand why this happens on your PC. Because it works just fine on all computers here. I tried to repeat this but with no luck... :cry: It just refreshes fine here.

Just in case...

If you are working in split-screen mode and have enabled the auto-refresh, please note that this works for HTML and CSS only, the server side scripts like PHP do not have auto-refresh after x seconds.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Next

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support