Browser view and preview are not the same.

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Browser view and preview are not the same.

Postby oriole » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:03 am

Ver.12.2
I have just started to use WB again after a few years off. I like a lot of the new features, but I am finding that the WB preview of my page is not the same as when I preview the page in the browser.
I also seem to be having a weird thing happen with the Inspector panel. If I change the code on my page, it doesn't show up in the panel. I will have to change it again there. I am still trying to figure this one out.
I am most concerned about the previews.
Thank,
O
oriole

Re: Browser view and preview are not the same.

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Can you send me a copy of the page and screenshot demonstrating the issue with preview? We haven't had any troubles, maybe it happens with some specific html only, so I will need to see the code to understand what's going on.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oriole » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm

I figured it out at least for the slow loading. It seems to be Facebook code that is causing everything to slow down. Went I comment out the script, the problem with it loading so slow goes away.
Now to figure out what the heck I am doing wrong with the colors on my links.
Thanks
oriole

Postby oriole » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:55 am

Aivars wrote:Can you send me a copy of the page and screenshot demonstrating the issue with preview? We haven't had any troubles, maybe it happens with some specific html only, so I will need to see the code to understand what's going on.

I see an insert img button but it only puts tags on this page. Am I suppose to upload these images to my website and then post them here, because it would be easier for you to just go to http://www.adams-harris.com on both browsers.
On firefox the menu down the left side had gold text on the orange ground. In IE the text is brown on the orange ground like it should be. The firefox version also doesn't show the menu link as having been visited, I guess because it is showing the visited color instead of the brown.
oriole

Postby oriole » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:59 am

So as I left the last post, I clicked on my link and it took me to the firefox browser, and it did show up as brown text with some of the links in the visited color. This now seems it would be a firefox problem on my computer. Although if it is a plug in causing this, then anyone who has the same thing would also see it the same way. Not being a professional dev how would one handle that?
oriole

Postby pmk65 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:08 pm

You could install Firebug if you don't already have it installed.
Using that you can inspect each of your links, and see what CSS is attached to each.
Then it should be fairli straightforward to spot if something is included from other sources than your CSS file.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support