Publishing files to web site

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Publishing files to web site

Postby JeanTrafford » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I am new to HTMLPad2014 v 12.2 - I have a long existing web site with Yahoo small business (which is what they assigned me to even though I'm not a business). I need to edit a couple of files which I originally created in HTML at college. I didn't use any web builder programme just me and HTML and this seems to be the problem. I have tried 2 other editors and can't get them to work. HTMLPad seems easier to use but no matter what I do the alterations don't actually appear in my web site. I seem to get a connection and the files are correct but when I click view it stubbornly remains as the original. I've done Publish to FTP and it looked as if it was doing something but sadly not
JeanTrafford

Re: Publishing files to web site

Postby Aivars » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 pm

You need to make sure you are publishing to the right folders on your FTP. Take a look around in your FTP and make sure you're not publishing a copy elsewhere. You can (and should) walk around in your FTP account and take a look at what is where, familiarize yourself with the structure. The published files are usually in public_html folder.
Instead of publishing you can also open and edit the files using HTMLPad directly from FTP.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby JeanTrafford » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

I eventually managed to get the files to change by refreshing and then clearing the browser cache but now the pictures keep saying image can't be shown as there are errors???
JeanTrafford

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:46 pm

There could be any number of reasons for that - incorrect image URLs, missing (unpublished) images, incorrect permissions for image files etc.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support